a154 doubt

  • miguel
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2009
      hi friend, i need a bit of help

      recently i installed the a154 controller to drive my a155, i think the connections between are ok (everything seems to be right, clock speed flashing, etc),but when i press start in the a154 the sequencer don t run, have i to connect any patch apart from the cv- gate usual ones? i used the a155 alone with no problem at all...

      many thanks in advance

      miguel
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
        hi Miguel,

        assuming that you have flipped the 'master' switch that enables the A154 to control the a155:

        you do have pushed 'start' in the a154 ?
        you have not put the a154 running mode into one of the 'one shot' modes?
        you have not put the a154 running mode into the 'cv control' mode?
        you do have the 'first step' knob full CCW and the 'last step' knob CW?
        you do NOT have a constantly high gate signal into the reset input of the a155 or the a154?

        then, if all these are right, and you have connected the a155 to the a154 correctly and the a155 is not stopped (just press the start button on the a155 as well, to be sure), the a155 should run with the speed of the a154 clock...

        Bakis Sirros - Parallel Worlds / Interconnected / Memory Geist

        [Doepfer_a100] group owner

        www. parallel - worlds - music. com

        www. myspace. com/ parallelworldsmusic

        www. myspace. com/ interconnectedmusic

        www. myspace. com/ memorygeist

        www. DiN. org. uk

        www. musicamaximamagnetica. com

        www. shimarecords. co. uk

        www. rubberrecords. gr

        Athens - Greece

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
          ok, Bakis
          i didn t understand the principles of the first & last knobs, sorry for my impatience!, now i m happy again.

          efgaristó

          miguel

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
            no problem Miguel.

            glad that your a154 is working fine.

            it is a great module and, in combination with the a155, can do really crazy sequencer stuff.

            thanks,
            Bakis.