Re: [Doepfer_a100] doepfer ring mod mod-demod

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 5, 2009
      well not with the module you mention. But with the one I build myself from 2
      Ken Stone RealRingMod Boards..There are some mod-demod samples in there as
      well: http://ernstvanderloo.com/?p=24

      Greetings,

      Ernst

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2009
        Oh and: The Doepfer ringmod sounds completely different than passive
        ringmods like Ken Stone's board..I known what I prefer...

        On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 2:09 AM, partlydrone <partlydrone@...> wrote:

        > hi there,
        >
        > out of interest, if i grab a doepfer ring mod, will it let me do the same
        > mod-demod stuff as the passive mod-demod module from the QMMG people? and
        > has anyone come across a sound sample of either on the web?

      • Shrewsbury Marie
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2009
          Hiya,

          Not sure what you mean by mod-demod stuff, but there is a demo of the doepfer ring mod here:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrHrcpCGYHw

          out of interest, if i grab a doepfer ring mod, will it let me do the same mod-demod stuff as the passive mod-demod module from the QMMG people? and has anyone come across a sound sample of either on the web?

        • Brandon Daniel
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 5, 2009
            On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 5:09 PM, partlydrone <partlydrone@...> wrote:
            > out of interest, if i grab a doepfer ring mod, will it let me do the same mod-demod stuff as the passive mod-demod module from the QMMG people? and has anyone come across a sound sample of either on the web?

            http://bleep.fdiskc.com/2009/04/12/moddemod-video-demo/

            I like both styles of ring mod for different reasons, but there is
            definitely something very pleasing about the sound of a passive ring
            mod.

            -Brandon
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2009
              Ah as usual i did not read to well..To achieve mod-demod with doepfer stuff
              you'll patch this:

              oscillator1>>A114 (x input top Ringmod)
              oscillator2>>A114(y input top Ringmod)
              output top Ringmod >> x input bottom Ringmod
              oscillator2>>A175 invert out>> y input bottom Ringmod

              The output of the bottom Ringmod is now Mod - Demod out.
              Maybe over the top to mention but you'll have to split the output of
              oscillator2 with a multiple.
              Alternative for the A175 voltage inverter can be a polarizing mixer or
              something similar.
              Alternatively, something I often do, you can use the A143-9 as oscillator2.
              Use the 1st output (0º sine) to connect to the y input of the top RingMod
              and the 3rd output (180º sine) to connect to the y input of the second
              Ringmod.

              have fun!

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 5, 2009
                Thanks for explaining that, i've done similar things before but it wouldn't have ocurred to me to invert the signal there... must give that a try tomorrow! :D

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 5, 2009
                  Well that is the key to the whole process. To have a 180º shift of the
                  signal.Have fun! ;-)