Re: which module is for retrig ?

  • grimshaw_stuart
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
      > Keyboard CV->A170->\
      > \ A167->A165
      > --------------->/

      god, all of that just for a retrigger?

      :-)

      cheers florian, i'll give it spin when i get home.

      dieter, is a thing like that difficult to build?

      stu
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
        > dieter, is a thing like that difficult to build?
        >
        > stu

        It's easy to built. But so far (i.e. during the last 10 years or more)
        nobody was asking. I think there are not many applications because usually
        the CV/Gate source (e.g. the A-100CGK or any of our MIDI or USB to CV/Gate
        interface or the sequencer) does this job. You may start a poll to find out
        if I'm wrong.

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
          ok, i'll make the new poll:

          three options:

          Do you want Doepfer to manufacture a Re-triggering module (it will create new triggers when notes are being played legato)?
          yes, maybe, no.

          is that ok Dieter?

          Bakis Sirros - Parallel Worlds / Interconnected / Memory Geist

          [Doepfer_a100] group owner

          www. parallel - worlds - music. com

          www. myspace. com/ parallelworldsmusic

          www. myspace. com/ interconnectedmusic

          www. myspace. com/ memorygeist

          www. DiN. org. uk

          www. musicamaximamagnetica. com

          www. shimarecords. co. uk

          www. rubberrecords. gr

          Athens - Greece

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
            > ok, i'll make the new poll:
            >
            > three options:
            >
            > Do you want Doepfer to manufacture a Re-triggering module (it
            > will create new triggers when notes are being played legato)?
            > yes, maybe, no.
            >
            > is that ok Dieter?

            Yes, that's fine. These modules or units were usually called "new pitch
            detector". They output a gate signal (and usually the inverted gate too)
            whenever the input CV changes. Adding separate gate outputs for up, down and
            both (or a three-position switch and one output only) would not increase the
            price very much. In this case the module may be used for other applications
            too (not only for pitch change detection.

            Remark: The quantizer A-156 has this feature already available. One simply
            has to use the trig out.

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
                Hi,

                I could imagine a modul like that:

                V-in: the voltage, which shall be checked for changes. The change will
                cause a trigger at the trigger out

                Gate-in: enables the trigger out - if nothing is inserted, it is
                normalled to logical high, so the trigger out will work always without
                the gate, and with the gate-in it will worke gated.

                Diff-CV-in: This CV determines the amount of change of V-in, which is
                required cause a trigger. Maybe normalled to 1/12V. Maybe with an
                attenuator.

                Trigger-out: provides the generated triggers

                Gate-out: paralled to Gate-in

                If you set the Diff-CV to lower values, you can use the module a CV
                controlled "Crackle"-generator.

                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
                  that sounds really interesting, florian.
                  i like that idea.

                  --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander <fanwander@...> wrote:

                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > I could imagine a modul like that:
                  >
                  > V-in: the voltage, which shall be checked for changes. The change will
                  > cause a trigger at the trigger out
                  >
                  > Gate-in: enables the trigger out - if nothing is inserted, it is
                  > normalled to logical high, so the trigger out will work always without
                  > the gate, and with the gate-in it will worke gated.
                  >
                  > Diff-CV-in: This CV determines the amount of change of V-in, which is
                  > required cause a trigger. Maybe normalled to 1/12V. Maybe with an
                  > attenuator.
                  >
                  > Trigger-out: provides the generated triggers
                  >
                  > Gate-out: paralled to Gate-in
                  >

                  > If you set the Diff-CV to lower values, you can use the module a CV
                  > controlled "Crackle"-generator.
                  >
                  > Florian

                • spiralsect
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 1, 2009
                    I think these are also known as slope detectors. For those with a bent for DIY he has a simple one on his GGS site.

                    Cheers,
                    Adam-V