AW: [Doepfer_a100] a124 wasp filter input level

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2009
      > i'm feeding the wasp filter with a silent sound source, is there
      > a way to make the volume higher than the maximum of the level knob?
      > i have an external input module with a gain knob, but not in this
      > tiny case i use live.
      > can i get the gain higher just by modifying the wasp filter
      > module a little?

      Please look at the A-100 DIY page, section 4.1.1. Changing the sensitivity
      of manual controls, control voltage inputs and audio inputs

      For A-124 it's R1 (27k) located just behind the potentiometer for audio
      level control. If you reduce the value (factory 27k) of this resistor the
      max. loudness increases. Another solution will be the usage of the planned
      A-183-3 amplifier module.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2009
        > Hi Floris,
        >
        > > the sounds that go in are less loud than normal doepfer vco's
        > or noise sources, would it be possible to have those sounds as
        > loud as the vco's etc by modding the filter module?
        >
        > There is a 27k resistor immediately after the audio in 'level'
        > pot (between the pot and capacitor C1, but easy to find by
        > following the trace from the pot wiper). If you lower this that
        > should increase the gain, but (and I'm guessing here) I don't
        > suppose you'll get much more than 2x or 3x improvement out of it
        > before it goes 'haywire' (I could be wrong!). I suggest trying an
        > 18k first, see what effect that has, and if that's OK, perhaps
        > try a 10k - lower than that and it's anybody's guess! (Because
        > the filter uses digital inverters as amplifiers, these are
        > 'biased' by a variety of resistors, and lowering this one may
        > have an effect on this biasing which stops the whole thing
        > working properly, but without trying it, I can't be sure!)
        >
        > Tim

        Couldn't explain it better :-)