Re: standalone filters

  • petergrenader
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 30, 2002
      I have a commenton this:

      1) switched capacitor filters, e.g. the Blacet 'Final Filtre' - does
      the clock noise get properly suppressed, or does it even
      enhance the sound?

      I own Blacet modules. Love (almost) all of them. Their circuits
      are in a different realm than most other designs. All of my
      oscillators are Blacet. I've got four of them. They are terrific. They
      go from sub audio to 35K WITH ONE KNOB!! Very stable, great
      sound.

      His Envelope Generator is probably the best I've used. I've got
      three of them. All functions fully VC'able and another overall VC,
      either AD or ADSR mode, it's self-cycling has a positive output
      and a positive biased inverted output. adjustable output level
      pot, time constant pot as well. I've gotten single envelopes over
      an hour and 45 minutes long out of them. THAT is a long
      envelope.

      His Mixer/Processor is terrific as well. Two of those.

      His ring mod. is also very functional - and switchable between
      an external or internal modulator and is AC/DC selectable.

      I also have one of his filters and I think this is where he falls on
      his face. Sorry to say this, he's a great guy and a great designer.
      But...I do not care for his filter all that much. It has an unique
      sound, and that's good and it has it's own AD generator which
      has it's own output, but the sound of the filter is a little harsh for
      me and I even installed the optional smoother circuit which runs
      the filter through a series of LEDs. It's OK, but just. I was
      originally going to gwt tow of these, but I backed out of that idea
      after hearing the one.

      If I had to do it again, I would not have purchased this module,
      AD or not.

      so there ya go and I hope this helps.

      Peter

      .