i want more like the gate generator on my zorlon cannon

  • partlydrone
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
      so i've been having a really nice time, hanging out with my zorlon
      cannon generating beautiful rhythmic semirandom gates, part of the joy
      is that they are nicely rhythmic in length as well as trigger, it's
      heaven.

      what i was wondering is if there's anything else that can do similar?

      the plan b model 28 programmable tap generator looks interesting ish,
      but it doesnt do much, and feels very overpriced for what it does.

      will the a149-2 produce interesting rhythmic sequencers?

      is there anything else i'm forgetting?

      this feels like the perfect job for a developer with an arduino behind
      a eurorack frontplate, or the universal digital model we were talking
      about a while ago...
    • nakedintruder
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2009
        Hello,

        Glad you like the Cannon.

        It sounds like you'll really like the Livewire Chaos Computer when it is released. I played
        with one at NAMM and it makes me want to throw my Zorlon Cannon away, it's so
        awesome.

        The A-149-2 is really good for getting 8 gates out of a clock signal, however these 8
        outputs are each taps on the same shift register. Therefore, a pattern of gates on one
        output will be echoed on another output some time later, and so on. The Zorlon's four
        outputs each represent four independent shift registers.

        -Scott