RE: [Doepfer_a100] OT: Other makes

  • Rhen, Kris
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 25, 2001
      If you're not constrained to the Doepfer form factor,
      Paia
      Blacet
      MOTM/SynthTech
      Synthesizers.com
      Modcan
      Wiard
      Technosaurus

      take a look at

      www.modularsynth.com

      KRIS

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 25, 2001

      • davevosh@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 25, 2001
          Ian@... writes:

          > I said I was looking into a Modular system for next year and so far
          > have found
          > Doepfer
          > Analogue Systems
          > Analogue Solutions
          > are there any other makes I should know about?
          > Ian

          ian,
          well,
          there`s motm,synthesizers.com,serge/sts,c.m.s.,wiard,blacet,technosaurus all
          come to mind as being worth a look for either "core" modules or "exotic"
          modules. and, for that matter, even between "only" doepfer and the analog`s
          - systems and solutions you have available quite an array of modules to work
          with when planning a system.
          best,
          dave

        • da5id@priest.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 30, 2001
            on one of the sites detailing Serge modulars (which is a bad ass
            system IMHO) there is a link to "Fist of God." It's this modular
            system that some either extremely wealthy or extremely freakish
            person built. Anyways, check out the specs on his Fist Of God and
            realize just why he named it as such.

            btw, this is my first post to the list, great to be here!

            question: did the moderator strip the ability to send attatchments? I
            have received 5 emails infected with different worms in the past week
            through yahoo and egroups....argh. no more attatchments@ ;]

            anyone out there selling any of the doepfer inards?!

            hitech

            > there`s
            motm,synthesizers.com,serge/sts,c.m.s.,wiard,blacet,technosaurus all
            > come to mind as being worth a look for either "core" modules
            or "exotic"
            > modules. and, for that matter, even between "only" doepfer and the
            analog`s
            > - systems and solutions you have available quite an array of
            modules to work
            > with when planning a system.
            > best,
            > dave

          • Les Mizzell
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 30, 2001
              > on one of the sites detailing Serge modulars (which is a bad ass
              > system IMHO) there is a link to "Fist of God.

              Hi,

              I'm now webmaster for the EGRES site - the unofficial Serge site.

              "Fist of God" here:

              http://www.scampers.com/EGRES/fistogod.html

              Les Mizzell
              -------------------------------------
              -------------------------------------
              Some people say that cats are sneaky,
              evil, and cruel. True, and they have
              many other fine qualities as well.
              -------------------------------------
              -------------------------------------
            • bakis Sirros
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 30, 2001
                hi,
                great to be here on the list!i'm the moderator and,yes
                i have striped the ability to send attachments because
                of the viruses...
                tell us about your system...what modules you have and
                use the most...
                synthfreak

                --- da5id@... wrote:

                > on one of the sites detailing Serge modulars (which
                > is a bad ass
                > system IMHO) there is a link to "Fist of God." It's
                > this modular
                > system that some either extremely wealthy or
                > extremely freakish
                > person built. Anyways, check out the specs on his
                > Fist Of God and
                > realize just why he named it as such.
                >
                > btw, this is my first post to the list, great to be
                > here!
                >
                > question: did the moderator strip the ability to
                > send attatchments? I
                > have received 5 emails infected with different worms
                > in the past week
                > through yahoo and egroups....argh. no more
                > attatchments@ ;]
                >
                > anyone out there selling any of the doepfer inards?!
                >

                > hitech
                >

                > > there`s

                motm,synthesizers.com,serge/sts,c.m.s.,wiard,blacet,technosaurus
                > all
                > > come to mind as being worth a look for either
                > "core" modules
                > or "exotic"
                > > modules. and, for that matter, even between
                > "only" doepfer and the
                > analog`s
                > > - systems and solutions you have available quite
                > an array of
                > modules to work
                > > with when planning a system.
                > > best,
                > > dave

                > removed]

                =====
                synthfreak(parallel worlds)
                athens-greece
                [Doepfer_a100] group owner-moderator

                http://shopping.yahoo.com
              • david.salter@reuters.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
                  Hi Bakis,

                  My Modular system at present consists of:

                  Doepfer
                  2 - A110 VCO
                  1- A114 Ring Mod
                  1- A115 Wave divider
                  1-A116 Wave processor
                  1-A118 Noise
                  1-A119 Ext input
                  1-A120 VCF1
                  2-A121VCF2 (my favorite filter)
                  1-A128 Fixed filter bank
                  2-A130 Lin VCA
                  1-A131Log VCA
                  1-A134 VC Panner
                  1-A135 VC Mixer
                  2-A138A Mixer
                  1-A138B Mixer
                  4-A140 ADSR
                  1-A144 Morphing controller
                  1-A145 LFO1
                  1-A146 LFO2
                  1-A147 VC LFO
                  1-A148 S&H
                  1-A150 Dual VC Switch
                  2-A155 Sequencer (wonderful, preferer these to my MAQ16/3)
                  1-A156 Quantiser
                  1-A160 Clk divider
                  1-A161Clk Sequencer
                  1-A170 Slew
                  2-A174 Joystick (great fun)
                  1-A180 Multiple
                  1-A190 Midi Interface
                  1-MAQ16/3

                  Analogue Solutions

                  1-SD88 Snare
                  1-BD88 Bass drum
                  1-SY02 Multimode VCF
                  1-SQ8 Sequencer

                  Analogue Systems

                  1-RS50 Trig generator/shaper
                  1-RS60 VC ADSR
                  1-RS80 VC LFO
                  1-RS90 VCO
                  1-RS95 VCO
                  1-RS120 Comb filter
                  1-RS310 Reverb/Chorus

                  Synthesis Technology

                  1-MOTM 120 Sub Octave Multiplexer
                  1-MOTM 410 Triple Resonant Filter

                  Oakley Sound Systems (DIY Modules)

                  1-VCF1 Filter
                  3-Basic VCA
                  5-Dual Basic EG
                  1-Wavefolder
                  1-Multimix
                  3-Basic LFO

                  Home brewed

                  1-Dual Inverter
                  1-Large Multiple

                  Synthetic Music Systems

                  2-MARS units
                  1-Planet 7

                  Electronics For Music

                  1-SBM (pcb only, not built yet)

                  Gene Stopp

                  1-ASM1 (pcb only, not built yet)

                  PLus a few non-modular bits
                  Roland SH101
                  EDP Wasp
                  EMU Morpheus
                  Roland D110
                  2 - Cheetah MS6's
                  Cheetah MS800
                  Waldorf Pulse
                  Roland W30

                  Hope that's useful info?

                  Best wishes and great list BTW.

                  David

                  bakis Sirros
                  <synth_freak_2000@ To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
                  yahoo.com> cc:
                  Subject: Re: [Doepfer_a100] Re: OT: Other makes
                  30/11/2001 23:02 Header: Internal Use Only
                  Please respond to
                  Doepfer_a100

                  =====
                  synthfreak(parallel worlds)
                  athens-greece
                  [Doepfer_a100] group owner-moderator

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  ------------------------------------------------------------- ---

                  the views of Reuters Ltd.
                • bakis Sirros
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 3, 2001
                    hi,
                    wow!as you are from america,you can buy MOTM modules
                    too...I see you have a very large system.I agree with
                    you on the A155.I also have two of these and planning
                    on duying a third.I like them a lot.
                    synthfreak
                    Athens-greece

                    --- david.salter@... wrote:

> [...]
                    > 1-Large Multiple
                    >
                    > Synthetic Music Systems
                    >
                    > 2-MARS units
                    > 1-Planet 7
                    >
                    > Electronics For Music
                    >
                    > 1-SBM (pcb only, not built yet)
                    >
                    > Gene Stopp
                    >
                    > 1-ASM1 (pcb only, not built yet)
                    >
                    > PLus a few non-modular bits
                    > Roland SH101
                    > EDP Wasp
                    > EMU Morpheus
                    > Roland D110
                    > 2 - Cheetah MS6's
                    > Cheetah MS800
                    > Waldorf Pulse
                    > Roland W30
                    >

                    > Hope that's useful info?
                    >
                    > Best wishes and great list BTW.
                    >
                    > David
                    >

                    > bakis Sirros
                    >

                    > <synth_freak_2000@ To:
                    > Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
                    >
                    > yahoo.com> cc:
                    >

                    > Subject: Re: [Doepfer_a100] Re: OT: Other makes
                    >
                    > 30/11/2001 23:02
                    > Header: Internal Use Only
                    >
                    > Please respond to
                    >

                    > Doepfer_a100
                    >

                    > hi,
                    > great to be here on the list!i'm the moderator
                    > and,yes
                    > i have striped the ability to send attachments
                    > because
                    > of the viruses...
                    > tell us about your system...what modules you have
                    > and
                    > use the most...
                    > synthfreak
                    >
                    > --- da5id@... wrote:
                    > >
                    > > on one of the sites detailing Serge modulars
                    > (which
                    > > is a bad ass
                    > > system IMHO) there is a link to "Fist of God."
                    > It's
                    > > this modular
                    > > system that some either extremely wealthy or
                    > > extremely freakish
                    > > person built. Anyways, check out the specs on his
                    > > Fist Of God and
                    > > realize just why he named it as such.
                    > >
                    > > btw, this is my first post to the list, great to
                    > be
                    > > here!
                    > >
                    > > question: did the moderator strip the ability to
                    > > send attatchments? I
                    > > have received 5 emails infected with different
                    > worms
                    > > in the past week
                    > > through yahoo and egroups....argh. no more
                    > > attatchments@ ;]
                    > >
                    > > anyone out there selling any of the doepfer
                    > inards?!
                    > >

                    > > hitech
                    > >

                    > > > there`s

                    motm,synthesizers.com,serge/sts,c.m.s.,wiard,blacet,technosaurus
                    > > all
                    > > > come to mind as being worth a look for either
                    > > "core" modules
                    > > or "exotic"
                    > > > modules. and, for that matter, even between
                    > > "only" doepfer and the
                    > > analog`s
                    > > > - systems and solutions you have available quite

                    === message truncated ===

                    =====

                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 4, 2001
                      Hi Bakis

                      I actually live in the UK. MOTM ship all over the world, so no problems there.

                      The hardest decisions are around what to get next. Although it is nice to have lots of filter types and specialist modules, we need to remember the utility modules. A modular can never have too many envelopes or LFO's. Used creatively for modulating any CV input and not just filter cut off and VCA levels.

                      Also worth remembering when using the A155 are trigger modifiers and shapers, VC switches and logic modules (looking forward to the A166) to adding variety and space in sequences instead of just running at a constant tempo.

                      Regards

                      David

                      bakis Sirros
                      <synth_freak_2000@ To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
                      yahoo.com> cc:
                      03/12/2001 21:16 Header: Internal Use Only

                      --- david.salter@... wrote:

> [...]
                      > 1-Large Multiple
                      >
                      > Synthetic Music Systems
                      >
                      > 2-MARS units
                      > 1-Planet 7
                      >
                      > Electronics For Music
                      >
                      > 1-SBM (pcb only, not built yet)
                      >
                      > Gene Stopp
                      >
                      > 1-ASM1 (pcb only, not built yet)
                      >
                      > PLus a few non-modular bits
                      > Roland SH101
                      > EDP Wasp
                      > EMU Morpheus
                      > Roland D110
                      > 2 - Cheetah MS6's
                      > Cheetah MS800
                      > Waldorf Pulse
                      > Roland W30
                      >

                      > Hope that's useful info?
                      >
                      > Best wishes and great list BTW.
                      >
                      > David
                      >

                      > bakis Sirros
                      >

                      > <synth_freak_2000@ To:
                      > Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
                      >
                      > yahoo.com> cc:
                      >

                      > Subject: Re: [Doepfer_a100] Re: OT: Other makes
                      >
                      > 30/11/2001 23:02
                      > Header: Internal Use Only
                      >
                      > Please respond to
                      >

                      > Doepfer_a100
                      >

                      > hi,
                      > great to be here on the list!i'm the moderator
                      > and,yes
                      > i have striped the ability to send attachments
                      > because
                      > of the viruses...
                      > tell us about your system...what modules you have
                      > and
                      > use the most...
                      > synthfreak
                      >
                      > --- da5id@... wrote:
                      > >
                      > > on one of the sites detailing Serge modulars
                      > (which
                      > > is a bad ass
                      > > system IMHO) there is a link to "Fist of God."
                      > It's
                      > > this modular
                      > > system that some either extremely wealthy or
                      > > extremely freakish
                      > > person built. Anyways, check out the specs on his
                      > > Fist Of God and
                      > > realize just why he named it as such.
                      > >
                      > > btw, this is my first post to the list, great to
                      > be
                      > > here!
                      > >
                      > > question: did the moderator strip the ability to
                      > > send attatchments? I
                      > > have received 5 emails infected with different
                      > worms
                      > > in the past week
                      > > through yahoo and egroups....argh. no more
                      > > attatchments@ ;]
                      > >
                      > > anyone out there selling any of the doepfer
                      > inards?!
                      > >

                      > > hitech
                      > >

                      > > > there`s

                      motm,synthesizers.com,serge/sts,c.m.s.,wiard,blacet,technosaurus
                      > > all
                      > > > come to mind as being worth a look for either
                      > > "core" modules
                      > > or "exotic"
                      > > > modules. and, for that matter, even between
                      > > "only" doepfer and the
                      > > analog`s
                      > > > - systems and solutions you have available quite

                      === message truncated ===

                      =====