Re: AW: AW: [Doepfer_a100] Let me hear your bright new ideas for future

  • Korhan Erel
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
      Hi there!

      While I was reading all these messages on future modules and
      interaction with computers, an idea sprung up in my mind: a hardware
      box of, let's say 16 CV generators, that connects to a computer thru
      USB, that runs a software for sequencing those CV outputs. The
      sequences are ideally not MIDI based, but use a exclusive hi-res
      format (the idea of breaking a normally continuous CV signal into 127
      steps is not a good idea). Sequences can be created either with a
      graphic editor that uses curves (including bezier curves) or with some
      sort of a step editor. The user can dedicate some of the CV outs as
      LFOs that they can draw on the screen. This software should be able to
      sync with other MIDI/Audio sequencers so that the user can combine
      computer sounds, etc with their modular.

      Would this be insanely expensive? Or is there already a box like this
      (leaving the MIDI-2-CV converters out)

      Korhan
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
        isn't that the same with the proposed (USB) OSC to cv/gate module?

        Bakis Sirros - Parallel Worlds / Interconnected / Memory Geist
        [Doepfer_a100] group owner
        www. parallel - worlds - music. com
        www. myspace. com/ parallelworldsmusic
        www. myspace. com/ interconnectedmusic
        www. myspace. com/ memorygeist
        www. DiN. org. uk
        www. musicamaximamagnetica. com
        www. shimarecords. co. uk
        www. rubberrecords. gr
        Athens - Greece

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2008
          Hi Bakis,

          Apologies if that's already been discussed. I am a bit behind the mass
          of emails on this subject and may have missed it. I am glad that
          someone else has already suggested it.

          Korhan

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2008
            > I like the idea of that Quad VC-LFO Dieter!!!Any idea when this will be
            > available?

            As mentioned on our website early in 2009. Currently we are about to find
            out if the design can be used also as a quad VCO with 1V/octave and
            sufficient temperature stability with some improvements (with additional
            switch between VCLFO and VCO).

            Best wishes
            Dieter
          • David Salter
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 3, 2008
              That is a nice idea, 4 VCO's on a module with a VCLFO option, good
              proposition.

              * * *
              David Salter
              Senior Consultant