BBD on 15V ? no problem ?

  • hemi_ch
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2008
      Hello,
      just to be shure:
      can i run the A-188-1 BBDs on +-15V ?
      Does this maybe also increase the Headroom of the BBD IC ?
      ( it distorts quiet fast )
      oh, i read the doepfer instructions about Doepfer on 15V, but those
      BBDs are to expensive to not to be very shure before i put them into
      my other Rack ( which has no 12V supply )

      thanks,
      H.
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2008
        > Hello,
        > just to be shure:
        > can i run the A-188-1 BBDs on +-15V ?
        > Does this maybe also increase the Headroom of the BBD IC ?
        > ( it distorts quiet fast )
        > oh, i read the doepfer instructions about Doepfer on 15V, but those
        > BBDs are to expensive to not to be very shure before i put them into
        > my other Rack ( which has no 12V supply )
        >
        > thanks,
        > H.

        You can run the A-188-1 even with +/-15V. But it will not increase the
        headroom as there is an internal 10V voltage regulator for the BBC circuits
        as the maximum supply voltage is less than 12V for some of the MN/BLxxxx
        chips. One could remove the voltage regulator and replace it by a wire that
        connects the internal +10V to +12V. But then only MN/BLxxxx are allowed that
        can be powered by 12V without damage.