hans zimmer's A100!(info from dieter...)

  • bakis Sirros
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
      hi list,
      here it is...:
      dieter tells us:
      "But as far as I know Hans Zimmer is the owner of the
      biggest A-100 system. I saw a photograph of his A-100
      system in a German magazine last year (2 large racks
      with five or six 6HU frames each, completely filled
      with modules). Hans invited me to visit his studio
      last year during the NAMM show but unfortunately my
      flight back to Germany was already booked one day
      after the NAMM and there was not sufficient time to
      visit him. But next year in January I will reserve
      sufficient time to visit Hans Zimmer.
      As far as I remember from some telephone conversations
      with Hans Zimmer he uses e.g. 6 Frequency Shifters
      A-126 and 6 VC Phasers A-125 for special 6-channel
      sounds for movies (as far as I remeber it was for
      Gladiator), and for very "bombastic" sounds he used 16
      VCOs A-110 in parallel. "
      Best regards
      Dieter Doepfer
      Doepfer Musikelektronik GmbH

      =====
      synthfreak(parallel worlds)
      athens-greece
      [Doepfer_a100] group owner-moderator

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
    • modularplanet
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2002
        > with Hans Zimmer he uses e.g. 6 Frequency Shifters
        > A-126 and 6 VC Phasers A-125 for special 6-channel
        > sounds for movies (as far as I remeber it was for
        > Gladiator), and for very "bombastic" sounds he used 16
        > VCOs A-110 in parallel. "

        ...looks like monster patches...

        Josef on the Modular-Planet.de ;-)