AW: [Doepfer_a100] a155 voltage addressable?

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      > hi group,
      >
      > anyone know if it's possible to hack the a155 sequencer to make its
      > position voltage addressable?
      >
      > or a way to jump to a specific step using a trigger, or similar?
      >
      > the a154 was a little ├╝ber for my needs, but i do miss the voltage
      > addressability, which i needed to use the 155 as a rudimentary preset
      > storage device.
      >
      > thanks,
      >
      > stu

      There is no simple solution. You need an ADC that converts the CV into the
      three address signals A0/A1/A2 required by the A-155. But that's not a
      perfect solution. If the voltage is close to the threshold between two steps
      a simple ADC will toggle randomly between two steps. That's why we use an
      ADC followed by a microcontoller that avoids this jittering. I think the
      A-154 is the only solution unless you are an experienced engineer (but in
      this case you probably would not have asked).

      Another solution would be the A-152 in combination with 8 controls (i.e. 8
      potentiometers connected between GND and e.g. +5V) connected to the 8
      inputs of the switch section. Or you use the adress signals A0/A1/A2
      generated by the A-152 to control the A-155. But even this requires some
      electronic skills.