RE: [Doepfer_a100] electrical nerds listen up!

  • Rhen, Kris
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 9, 2001
      > > anybody out there who had thier minijacks replaced with bananajacks?
      > > please send me some general directives on this matter...I´m
      > > just a very ambitious novice on this...
      >
      > You won't be able to do this before you change to larger the
      > frontpanels, since the minijacks are soldered directly to the pcbs.

      Sure why not? Just unsolder, attach some fly-wires, and run them to the
      banana jacks? I don't remember how much space there is but with the mini
      jacks removed, why not?
      KRIS

    • Florian_Anwander
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2001
        Hi martin

        > anybody out there who had thier minijacks replaced with bananajacks?
        > please send me some general directives on this matter...I´m just a very
        > ambitious novice on this...
        You won't be able to do this before you change to larger the
        frontpanels, since the minijacks are soldered directly to the pcbs.

        Florian Anwander |ConSol* HP-Support
        Tel. +49.89.45841-133 |Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH
        Fax +49.89.45841-139 |Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 München
        email: florian.anwander@... |http://www.consol.de
      • Florian_Anwander
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9, 2001
          Hi Kris

          > Sure why not? Just unsolder, attach some fly-wires, and run them to the
          > banana jacks? I don't remember how much space there is but with the mini
          > jacks removed, why not?
          Try and you will see: the Bananajack needs additional space for the
          thread and nut, which is not needed for the onboard jacks.

          Florian Anwander |ConSol* HP-Support
          Tel. +49.89.45841-133 |Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH
          Fax +49.89.45841-139 |Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 München
          email: florian.anwander@... |http://www.consol.de
        • Richard Guido
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2001
            All -
            Why on earth would you want to change the mini plugs to bananajacks anyway!
            If you need to connect the Doepfer mods to an older vintage system, why not
            just buy a few blank panels, drill some holes, add the banana jacks and
            you're good to good. I've had both - mini+banana and all mini, and IMHO I
            think that the single mini is the most versatile.

            Rick Guido

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 19, 2001
              Hi Richard

              > Why on earth would you want to change the mini plugs to bananajacks anyway!
              > If you need to connect the Doepfer mods to an older vintage system, why not
              > just buy a few blank panels, drill some holes, add the banana jacks and
              > you're good to good. I've had both - mini+banana and all mini, and IMHO I
              > think that the single mini is the most versatile.
              Under mechanical aspects the mini jack is the worst jack, you can use.
              Banana jacks have the slight advantage, that they are stackable to a
              certain limit, so you do not need a multiple for each out put which
              shall feed two inputs.

              The best would be 1/4" or "tiny" telephone jacks.

              If I had the time to do the effort, I would change my system to 1/4"
              standard jacks.