AW: [Doepfer_a100] Trouble Replacing an A-188-1 BBD Circuit (Switching a MN3209 for an MN3007)

  • hardware@doepfer.de
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
      > I bought 2 MN3007 circuit (1024 stages) on eBay and replaced the MN3209
      > in one of my 1-88-1Y (256) BBD modules.
      > I followed the procedure in the A-188-1 Adjustment Guide
      > <http://www.doepfer.de/service/A1881_adjustment.pdf> , but the circuit
      > just sat there. Seems like I did everything right, I switched back to
      > the 3209 and it worked, then back to the 3007 (making the appropriate
      > jumper adjustments and all), but I got no sound at all from the MN3007.
      >
      > Is there something else I should be doing or could my chips be dead?

      I do not want to blame a reliable Ebayer (provided that he/she is) and I'm
      not sure if this applies in your case and but there were counterfeit BBD
      circuits offered in Ebay. Any low circuits were re-labelled as BBD circuits.
      We had to scrap 150 counterfeit BBD circuits ordered via Ebay when we
      started the A-188-1 production.

      But if you followed the A-188-1 adjustment/replacement guide and then
      switched back successfully to the MN3209 I'd guess that the MN3007 are
      defective.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
        Hi jeswa,

        as Dieter already mentioned, there is the possibility, that your seller
        has been betrayed by a chip provider. Unfortunately this is not very
        uncommon in Hong Kong.

        The other possibility is in fact, that chips die while the transport. I
        ordered last year 50 pieces of a CMOS chip which is runnning out of
        production from a very honest supplier in the states. But after the
        arrival here in Germany eight of them were dead (though the packing was
        completely profesionally done).

        So may be this is simply bad luck.

        Florian

        jeswa wrote:

        > Hi Florian,
        > The seller is named Eden All Custom Guitars, here is the eBay auction:
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150129355107&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005
        > Thanks,
      • ilanode
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
          One MN3007 for 3 USD is a steal - but from whom's pocket? For example
          Small Bear in the US stocks 'em for 10.95 each even though Small B. is
          NOT known for high prices. Since I'm bad in trouble shooting myself
          I'd stick to vendors which are known to be reliable. Best regards, Ingo

          --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander
          <Florian.Anwander@...> wrote:

          > Hi jeswa,
          >
          > as Dieter already mentioned, there is the possibility, that your seller
          > has been betrayed by a chip provider. Unfortunately this is not very
          > uncommon in Hong Kong.
          >
          > The other possibility is in fact, that chips die while the transport. I
          > ordered last year 50 pieces of a CMOS chip which is runnning out of
          > production from a very honest supplier in the states. But after the
          > arrival here in Germany eight of them were dead (though the packing was
          > completely profesionally done).
          >
          > So may be this is simply bad luck.
          >
          > Florian
          >
          > jeswa wrote:
          >
          > > Hi Florian,
          > > The seller is named Eden All Custom Guitars, here is the eBay auction:

          http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150129355107&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=005
          > > Thanks,

        • technology transplant
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2008
            Unfortunately this seller you purchased from is ALSO one of many of Hong Kong STUPER Sellers and ALL of there devices are counterfeits.  Well, not even counterfeit.  As counterfeits should at least work awhile.  These are outright fraudulent, sandpapered and restamped.  You can tell by the whitish chalky stamp that isn't very clear.

            Technology Transplant & chipforbrains auctions you may find all series of mn bbds including mn3007 that are NEW & GENUINE.  Doepfer may attest.

            You can email chipforbrains@... for BBD pricing.
            MN3007 are $5 each

            Sincerely, cy

            <Florian.Anwander@ ...> wrote:

            > Hi jeswa,
            >
            > as Dieter already mentioned, there is the possibility, that your seller
            > has been betrayed by a chip provider. Unfortunately this is not very
            > uncommon in Hong Kong.
            >
            > The other possibility is in fact, that chips die while the transport. I
            > ordered last year 50 pieces of a CMOS chip which is runnning out of
            > production from a very honest supplier in the states. But after the
            > arrival here in Germany eight of them were dead (though the packing was
            > completely profesionally done).
            >
            > So may be this is simply bad luck.
            >
            > Florian
            >
            > jeswa wrote:
            >
            > > Hi Florian,
            > > The seller is named Eden All Custom Guitars, here is the eBay auction:

            http://cgi.ebay com/ws/eBayISAPI .dll?ViewItem& rd=1&item= 150129355107& ssPageName= STRK:MEWN: IT&ih=005
            > > Thanks,

          • technology transplant

              <Florian.Anwander@ ...> wrote:

              > Hi jeswa,
              >
              > as Dieter already mentioned, there is the possibility, that your seller
              > has been betrayed by a chip provider. Unfortunately this is not very
              > uncommon in Hong Kong.
              >
              > The other possibility is in fact, that chips die while the transport. I
              > ordered last year 50 pieces of a CMOS chip which is runnning out of
              > production from a very honest supplier in the states. But after the
              > arrival here in Germany eight of them were dead (though the packing was
              > completely profesionally done).
              >
              > So may be this is simply bad luck.
              >
              > Florian
              >
              > jeswa wrote:
              >
              > > Hi Florian,
              > > The seller is named Eden All Custom Guitars, here is the eBay auction:

              http://cgi.ebay com/ws/eBayISAPI .dll?ViewItem& rd=1&item= 150129355107& ssPageName= STRK:MEWN: IT&ih=005
              > > Thanks,

            • technology transplant

              • hardware@doepfer.de
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 2, 2008
                  > Unfortunately this seller you purchased from is ALSO one of many
                  > of Hong Kong STUPER Sellers and ALL of there devices are
                  > counterfeits.  Well, not even counterfeit.  As counterfeits
                  > should at least work awhile.  These are outright fraudulent,
                  > sandpapered and restamped.  You can tell by the whitish chalky
                  > stamp that isn't very clear.
                  >
                  > Technology Transplant & chipforbrains auctions you may find all
                  > series of mn bbds including mn3007 that are NEW & GENUINE.
                  > Doepfer may attest.

                  Yes, I can confirm that we never had problems with circuits we received from
                  Technology Transplant or Chipforbrains.