Doepfer matrix and VCS3

  • Hans Greuber
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
      Hi;

      I´ve been out for some time.

      I just saw the doepfer matrix pin project and seem cool.

      I own a sinthy and a VCS3 MKI and I guess they are unimitable so not sure what kind of new live can
      do that matrix to the Doepfer other than usual patch cables but it could be nice.

      In order to use it, all modules should be clabe patched by it´s rear side? A huge $$ on cables and noise, intereference right here.

      Hans
      ________________________________
      > To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
      > From: david.salter@...
      > Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 09:38:14 +0100
      > Subject: RE: [Doepfer_a100] VCS3
      >

      > Hi Richard,
      >
      > Analogue Systems make the modules.
      >
      > The Analogue Systems RS95 is also a close representation of the VCO's
      > and they will also do multi turn pots with vernier dials too.
      >
      > As for the gain stages, the VCS3's are quite basic or should I say crude
      > which is what helps give the sound.
      >
      > You could try Krisp1 for the Oakley Overdrive
      > http://www.krisp1.com/modules.htm &
      > http://www.oakleysound.com/overdrv.htm he will put in a Euro format if
      > you ask.
      >
      > This uses a nice gain stage and you have the option of distortion or
      > overdrive which may be nearer to the sound you are after. Not germanium
      > though as it uses an non-inverting op amp and a pair of silicon diodes.
      >
      > Apart from that I can offer nothing else. Hope that is some help anyway.
      >

      > David

      > * * *
      > David Salter
      > Senior Consultant