MIDI Interface with multiple CV outs

  • henfieldj
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5 10:42 AM
      I know that Doepfer has the A-190 MIDI to CV module, which has 2 CV
      outs. Is there any way to take a MIDI signal that has note information
      on multiple channels and then have multiple note CV outs to control
      various oscillators? The reason that I am asking, is I have been
      looking at a guitar or bass guitar as a modular synth controller. If I
      use a Roland type system that has a MIDI output, I can set each string
      to its own MIDI channel. If there was an interface that could then
      convert to control voltages, I could use it to control a modular or
      vintage analog synths.

      On another note, I have seen on Doepfer's site that there is a proposed
      A-195 pitch to CV module. Is there any timeframe in mind for
      commercialization of this module? I have looked at purchasing the RS-
      35 module from Analogue Systems for use when I am playing the bass
      guitar, but I prefer the Doepfer modules. If you are looking for a
      tester, please keep me in mind!

      Thanks,