AW: [Doepfer_a100] simple fixed slew limiter?

  • hardware@doepfer.de
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4 8:11 AM
      > hi group,
      >
      > i was wondering if it's possible to build a simple (passive?) slew
      > limiter with a view to rounding off a gate signal enough to
      > reduce/remove the clicks produced by controlling vca's with gate signals.
      >
      > i googled, but came up with a ton of stuuff that's a bit more than i
      > need.
      >
      > i need no voltage control, indeed not even a variable slew rate.
      >
      > any ideas?
      >
      > thanks,
      >
      > stu

      The simple low pass on the DIY page should do the job. The values for R1 and
      C1 depend upon the desired slew rate which is ~ R1*C1. With 1uF and 10k you
      obtain ~ 10 ms slew rate. The upper half of the A-170 uses this circuit
      (with R1 as a combination of a fixed resistor and a potentiometer) followed
      by a buffer amplifier to avoid voltage losses caused by the load connected
      to the R/C combination. But for simple Gate/VCA control a small voltage loss
      should not be a problem.

    • Jordi Sampe Farre
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5 2:31 AM
        Hello, please, can you tell me what I can do it for no recieve more mail form Doepfer group? Thanks and best from Barcelona

        To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
        From: hardware@...
        Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 17:11:59 +0200
        Subject: AW: [Doepfer_a100] simple fixed slew limiter?

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5 2:35 AM
          hello,
          go to 'edit membership', in the group's home page, and
          change the message delivery to 'web only'

          --- Jordi Sampe Farre <gd_records@...> wrote:

          > Hello, please, can you tell me what I can do it for
          > no recieve more mail form Doepfer group? Thanks and
          > best from Barcelona
          >

          > To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
          > From: hardware@...
          > Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 17:11:59 +0200
          > Subject: AW: [Doepfer_a100] simple fixed slew
          > limiter?

          > > hi group,
          >

          > > i was wondering if it's possible to build a simple
          > (passive?) slew
          >
          > > limiter with a view to rounding off a gate signal
          > enough to
          >
          > > reduce/remove the clicks produced by controlling
          > vca's with gate signals.
          >

          > > i googled, but came up with a ton of stuuff that's
          > a bit more than i
          >
          > > need.
          >

          > > i need no voltage control, indeed not even a
          > variable slew rate.
          >

          > > any ideas?
          >

          > > thanks,
          >

          > > stu
          >

          > The simple low pass on the DIY page should do the
          > job. The values for R1 and
          >
          > C1 depend upon the desired slew rate which is ~
          > R1*C1. With 1uF and 10k you
          >
          > obtain ~ 10 ms slew rate. The upper half of the
          > A-170 uses this circuit
          >
          > (with R1 as a combination of a fixed resistor and a
          > potentiometer) followed
          >
          > by a buffer amplifier to avoid voltage losses caused
          > by the load connected
          >
          > to the R/C combination. But for simple Gate/VCA
          > control a small voltage loss
          >
          > should not be a problem.

          > removed]

          Bakis Sirros - Parallel Worlds / Interconnected / Memory Geist
          [Doepfer_a100] group owner
          http://www.parallel-worlds-music.com
          http://www.myspace.com/parallelworldsmusic
          http://www.myspace.com/interconnectedmusic
          http://www.myspace.com/memorygeist
          http://www.DiN.org.uk
          http://www.musicamaximamagnetica.com
          http://www.shimarecords.co.uk
          http://www.rubber.gr
          Athens-Greece

        • Sandy Brain
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 5 3:03 AM
            go to the yahoo groups homepage, log in and go to the doepfer group
            page. there's an option to leave the group there.
            hth

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 5 3:47 AM
              Hi,

              or simply do what is written in every footer of these mails:
              Florian

              Jordi Sampe Farre wrote:

              > Hello, please, can you tell me what I can do it for no recieve more mail form Doepfer group? Thanks and best from Barcelona
              >

              > To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
              > From: hardware@...
              > Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 17:11:59 +0200
              > Subject: AW: [Doepfer_a100] simple fixed slew limiter?

              > > hi group,
              >

              >>i was wondering if it's possible to build a simple (passive?) slew
              >

              >>limiter with a view to rounding off a gate signal enough to
              >

              >>reduce/remove the clicks produced by controlling vca's with gate signals.
              >

              >>i googled, but came up with a ton of stuuff that's a bit more than i
              >

              >>need.
              >

              >>i need no voltage control, indeed not even a variable slew rate.
              >

              >>any ideas?
              >

              >>thanks,
              >

              >>stu
              >

              > The simple low pass on the DIY page should do the job. The values for R1 and
              >
              > C1 depend upon the desired slew rate which is ~ R1*C1. With 1uF and 10k you
              >
              > obtain ~ 10 ms slew rate. The upper half of the A-170 uses this circuit
              >
              > (with R1 as a combination of a fixed resistor and a potentiometer) followed
              >
              > by a buffer amplifier to avoid voltage losses caused by the load connected
              >
              > to the R/C combination. But for simple Gate/VCA control a small voltage loss
              >
              > should not be a problem.

            • Stu Grimshaw
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 9 12:56 AM
                thanks dieter, works a treat. 20ms seems to be a good value.

                stu