A-113

  • jalmari3
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 1, 2007
      I had some fun using A-113 as a quadrature modulation source. Here it
      is modulating an A-137, which is processing sine wave:
      http://www.esnips.com/doc/c01b9441-6130-49b2-9b53-c90ab57235ef/A-
      113_controlling_A-137

      If there ever was A-113 Mk II it should have:
      - Switch for upward saw, downward saw and rectangle. Rectangle exists
      internally and would be useful as a clock divider output. Triangle
      wouldn't be bad either.
      - Division up to (say) 64.
      - More accurate saw. (At extreme frequencies it gets quite distorted,
      which might be feature of the original Trautonium unit.)
      - More accurate response to incoming signal. (At low frequencies
      rising saw seems better than rectangle.)
      - Level knobs should affect Single Outs too.
      - Less HP!

      BTW, a real Trautonium sounds quite good:
      http://www.esnips.com/doc/ef2ac4de-cb7d-45ad-84b9-692a4c1d1ceb/01-7-
      triostücke-für-3-trautonien-(1930)---langsam

      Best regards
      Jari Jokinen
    • David Westling
      Message 2 of 15 , Oct 1, 2007
        I don't much care for that site you're using.

        David Westling

        > I had some fun using A-113 as a quadrature modulation source. Here it
        > is modulating an A-137, which is processing sine wave:
        > http://www.esnips.com/doc/c01b9441-6130-49b2-9b53-c90ab57235ef/A-
        > 113_controlling_A-137
        >
        > If there ever was A-113 Mk II it should have:
        > - Switch for upward saw, downward saw and rectangle. Rectangle exists
        > internally and would be useful as a clock divider output. Triangle
        > wouldn't be bad either.
        > - Division up to (say) 64.
        > - More accurate saw. (At extreme frequencies it gets quite distorted,
        > which might be feature of the original Trautonium unit.)
        > - More accurate response to incoming signal. (At low frequencies
        > rising saw seems better than rectangle.)
        > - Level knobs should affect Single Outs too.
        > - Less HP!

      • patate_le_mage
        Message 3 of 15 , Oct 1, 2007
          Hi Jari,
          I'm interested in the sound you've created.
          Could you explain precisely the patch ?
          Patate le mage
          PS : The trautonium trio is really amazing.
          --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "jalmari3" <jari.jokinen@...> wrote:

          > I had some fun using A-113 as a quadrature modulation source. Here it
          > is modulating an A-137, which is processing sine wave:
          > http://www.esnips.com/doc/c01b9441-6130-49b2-9b53-c90ab57235ef/A-
          > 113_controlling_A-137
          >
          > If there ever was A-113 Mk II it should have:
          > - Switch for upward saw, downward saw and rectangle. Rectangle exists
          > internally and would be useful as a clock divider output. Triangle
          > wouldn't be bad either.
          > - Division up to (say) 64.
          > - More accurate saw. (At extreme frequencies it gets quite distorted,
          > which might be feature of the original Trautonium unit.)
          > - More accurate response to incoming signal. (At low frequencies
          > rising saw seems better than rectangle.)
          > - Level knobs should affect Single Outs too.
          > - Less HP!
          >
          > BTW, a real Trautonium sounds quite good:
          > http://www.esnips.com/doc/ef2ac4de-cb7d-45ad-84b9-692a4c1d1ceb/01-7-
          > triostücke-für-3-trautonien-(1930)---langsam
          >
          > Best regards
          > Jari Jokinen

        • Adam-V
          Message 4 of 15 , Oct 1, 2007
            --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, David Westling <dwestling@...> wrote:

            > I don't much care for that site you're using.
            >
            > David Westling

            I agree, I do not appreciate links to sites that attempt to take over
            your browser in order to perform dodgy system scans.

            Cheers,
            Adam-V
          • jalmari3
            Message 5 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
              What are good alternatives to esnips then?

              The example sound was made like this:

              Connections:
              - Cwejman MMF-1 self resonance (sine) to A-137 input
              - Plan B M15 low frequency square to A-113 input
              - A-113 Mix Out to M15 1V/O (a quick hack for some liveliness)
              - A-113 single Out 1 to A-137 CVM, Division factor 3
              - A-113 single Out 2 to A-137 CVF, Division factor 2
              - A-113 single Out 3 to A-137 CVS, Division factor 5
              - A-113 single Out 4 to A-137 CVH, Division factor 7
              - A-137 output to monitor

              A-113 knobs at full clockwise

              A-137 settings:
              - Multiples att.: 12'o clock
              - Multiples man.: 12'o clock
              - Folding Level att.: full clockwise
              - Folding Level man.: full counterclockwise
              - Symmetry att.: full clockwise
              - Symmetry man.: full counterclockwise
              - Harmonics att.: 12'o clock
              - Harmonics man.: 9'o clock
              - Level: 12'o clock

              Interestingly, at low frequency A-113 response to Plan B M15 square
              was different than to Cwejman VCO-2RM...

              Best regards
              Jari Jokinen
            • Sandy Brain
              Message 6 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
                try virb or twango - no nasty software there :)

                On 2 Oct 2007, at 19:16, jalmari3 wrote:

                > What are good alternatives to esnips then?
                >
                > The example sound was made like this:
                >
                > Connections:
                > - Cwejman MMF-1 self resonance (sine) to A-137 input
                > - Plan B M15 low frequency square to A-113 input
                > - A-113 Mix Out to M15 1V/O (a quick hack for some liveliness)
                > - A-113 single Out 1 to A-137 CVM, Division factor 3
                > - A-113 single Out 2 to A-137 CVF, Division factor 2
                > - A-113 single Out 3 to A-137 CVS, Division factor 5
                > - A-113 single Out 4 to A-137 CVH, Division factor 7
                > - A-137 output to monitor
                >
                > A-113 knobs at full clockwise
                >
                > A-137 settings:
                > - Multiples att.: 12'o clock
                > - Multiples man.: 12'o clock
                > - Folding Level att.: full clockwise
                > - Folding Level man.: full counterclockwise
                > - Symmetry att.: full clockwise
                > - Symmetry man.: full counterclockwise
                > - Harmonics att.: 12'o clock
                > - Harmonics man.: 9'o clock
                > - Level: 12'o clock
                >
                > Interestingly, at low frequency A-113 response to Plan B M15 square
                > was different than to Cwejman VCO-2RM...
                >
                > Best regards
                > Jari Jokinen

              • patate_le_mage
                Message 7 of 15 , Oct 2, 2007
                  Thank you very much Jari,
                  the one i missed when i tried to reproduced it was the sort of
                  feedback you make with A-113 Mix Out to M15 1V/O. Very good idea.
                  Patate le Mage
                  --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "jalmari3" <jari.jokinen@...> wrote:

                  > What are good alternatives to esnips then?
                  >

                  > The example sound was made like this:
                  >
                  > Connections:
                  > - Cwejman MMF-1 self resonance (sine) to A-137 input
                  > - Plan B M15 low frequency square to A-113 input
                  > - A-113 Mix Out to M15 1V/O (a quick hack for some liveliness)
                  > - A-113 single Out 1 to A-137 CVM, Division factor 3
                  > - A-113 single Out 2 to A-137 CVF, Division factor 2
                  > - A-113 single Out 3 to A-137 CVS, Division factor 5
                  > - A-113 single Out 4 to A-137 CVH, Division factor 7
                  > - A-137 output to monitor
                  >
                  > A-113 knobs at full clockwise
                  >
                  > A-137 settings:
                  > - Multiples att.: 12'o clock
                  > - Multiples man.: 12'o clock
                  > - Folding Level att.: full clockwise
                  > - Folding Level man.: full counterclockwise
                  > - Symmetry att.: full clockwise
                  > - Symmetry man.: full counterclockwise
                  > - Harmonics att.: 12'o clock
                  > - Harmonics man.: 9'o clock
                  > - Level: 12'o clock
                  >
                  > Interestingly, at low frequency A-113 response to Plan B M15 square
                  > was different than to Cwejman VCO-2RM...
                  >

                  > Best regards
                  > Jari Jokinen

                • Alexander Wassermann
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 28, 2016
                    Hi group,

                    I haven't used my sub harmonic oscillator for some time but reinstalled it recently, albeit without success. First I thought I had an issue with the 5 V but that was not the problem. I just cannot get any sound out of the single or mix output, no matter what I feed into the input and which divider settings I use. If I crank the volume up I can barely hear some oscillation sound, also the effect of altering the divisions but always with one stable frequency dominating (again, no matter what the input frequency identification, or what the divider settings are).

                    Any ideas or should I send the module in for inspection?

                    Best regards,
                    Alex

                    Von meinem iPad gesendet
                  • Jacco Ville
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 28, 2016
                      Hello Alex,

                      First thing in mind....
                       did you check all the (ribbon)connections?

                      Jacco

                      Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone 5 Black OPS Edition

                      Op 28 apr. 2016 om 18:35 heeft Alexander Wassermann aua130@... [Doepfer_a100] <Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com> het volgende geschreven:

                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 28, 2016
                        Yes, always one of the first checks (and actually one of the only ones I can perform - I have no DIY ambitions or skills).

                        BR,
                        Alex

                        Von meinem iPad gesendet

[...]

                      • ddoepfer
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 29, 2016
                          > Hi group,
                          >
                          > I haven't used my sub harmonic oscillator for some time but reinstalled it recently, albeit without success. First I
                          > thought I had an issue with the 5 V but that was not the problem. I just cannot get any sound out of the single or mix
                          > output, no matter what I feed into the input and which divider settings I use. If I crank the volume up I can barely hear
                          > some oscillation sound, also the effect of altering the divisions but always with one stable frequency dominating (again,
                          > no matter what the input frequency identification, or what the divider settings are).
                          >
                          > Any ideas or should I send the module in for inspection?
                          >
                          > Best regards,
                          > Alex

                          Sorry for the troubles with the module. If the +5V are OK the module has to be repaired (but only the old version of the module with
                          16 pin bus connector required the +5V). For details please refer to the repair notes on the FAQ page of our website.
                          Maybe the processor is defective (but that's only a guess). But in this case the display and the buttons would not work anymore. If
                          the display and the buttons are still working it's another fault.

                        • Alexander Wassermann
                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 29, 2016
                            OK, Danke Dieter.

                            Dann bringe ich das Modul nach Gräfelfing, ich wohne nicht weit weg.

                            BG,
                            Alex

                            Von meinem iPad gesendet

                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 29, 2016
                              the official language of this group is English.

                              thank you,
                              Bakis.

                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 30, 2016
                                Yes of course, how could I forget. Just seemed to be a nice touch. I will officially refrain from doing something German in this forum again ;-)))

                                Happy weekend

                                Von meinem iPad gesendet

                                Message 15 of 15 , Apr 30, 2016
                                  Hahaha... LOL

                                  ...." Don't mention the war"... (John Cleese)

                                  Cheers

                                  Op 30 apr. 2016 om 08:35 heeft Bakis Sirros synth_freak_2000@... [Doepfer_a100] <Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com> het volgende geschreven: