Re: [Doepfer_a100] Doepfer-Electrix Meshing

  • Paul Schulz
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2002
      Hi list,
      the Roland Juno-60 has a "VCF Control" input, which makes possible to produce FM-like sounds when an oscillator in audio range is patched in. The other nice feature is the "Arpeggio Clock" in. Wonderul for synchronising to a running A-155.

      Paul
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 8, 2002
        HI bakis

        > what cv ins??you mean the pedal input of the Q???does
        > this mean that i can use the control pedal input of my
        > jp8000 or ms2000r to hook them up to my a100??
        I tried this with several instruments (DX7, ESQ1, AN1x). The answer is: yes
        and no.

        Yes: Most (but not all!) times those jacks simply are three contact jacks
        with
        Ground = Ground
        Ring = Plus 5 Volts Out
        Tip = CV-Input

        So if you use a stereo-plug and use only ground and tip, then you may input
        a control voltage (no guarantee!).

        No: The instruments processor scans those inputs usually at a quite low
        frequency. This means, you may input a not too fast LFO, but forget it
        about modulations with faster signals like envelopes or audio.

        Florian Anwander |ConSol* HP-Support
        Tel. +49.89.45841-133 |Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH
        Fax +49.89.45841-139 |Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 München
        email: florian.anwander@... |http://www.consol.de
      • bakis Sirros
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 8, 2002
          thanks florian...
          bakis.

          --- Florian Anwander <Florian.Anwander@...>
          wrote:
          > HI bakis
          >

          > > what cv ins??you mean the pedal input of the
          > Q???does
          > > this mean that i can use the control pedal input
          > of my
          > > jp8000 or ms2000r to hook them up to my a100??
          > I tried this with several instruments (DX7, ESQ1,
          > AN1x). The answer is: yes
          > and no.
          >
          > Yes: Most (but not all!) times those jacks simply
          > are three contact jacks
          > with
          > Ground = Ground
          > Ring = Plus 5 Volts Out
          > Tip = CV-Input
          >
          > So if you use a stereo-plug and use only ground and
          > tip, then you may input
          > a control voltage (no guarantee!).
          >
          > No: The instruments processor scans those inputs
          > usually at a quite low
          > frequency. This means, you may input a not too fast
          > LFO, but forget it
          > about modulations with faster signals like envelopes
          > or audio.
          >
          > Florian
          > --
          > Florian Anwander |ConSol*
          > HP-Support
          > Tel. +49.89.45841-133
          > |Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH
          > Fax +49.89.45841-139 |Franziskanerstr.
          > 38, D-81669 M�nchen
          > email: florian.anwander@...
          > |http://www.consol.de

          =====
          synthfreak(parallel worlds)
          athens-greece
          [Doepfer_a100] group owner-moderator

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/
        • duffnuff
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 8, 2002
            --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "component" <component@m...>
            wrote:
            Anyone else come across any other happy accidents with
            > non modular gear ?
            >
            > Rob

            i made a similar discovery recently involving a100, reaktor, and a
            peavey pc1600x faderbox. generally i'll sync the a100's lfo's, etc
            to reaktor via midi clock and the fader box controls the softsynth's
            parameters. but the fun really begins when the a155 (or
            something) gets plugged into the peavey's cv and gate input to
            control whatever softsynth parameter(s) you like...opens a new
            world of control. fun!
            duff
          • buechlerjoe
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 10, 2002
              > Anyone else come across any other happy accidents with
              > non modular gear ?

              I finally scraped together enough money for a Jomox Sunsyn. (My
              Memorymoog continues to be on the sick list, and the Juno 106 and
              Matrix 1000 are a bit too limited for what I want to do with
              polyphonic analog). I was quite happy to discover that the Sunsyn's
              two external inputs can be used for either audio or CV. These can be
              used as input to any of the four analog modulation routing paths.

              There's a lot for me to experiment with here, but an obvious start is
              to use the Sunsyn's very cool filter (where each of the four filter
              poles can be independently programmed, and you can morph between
              filter scenes) as an external VCF for the A100.

              If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for modulating the Sunsyn from
              the A100, I'd love to hear them!

              Joe

              P.S. Speaking of Electrix, has anyone tried the Electrix Repeater
              Loop/Phrase Sampler in conjunction with an A100 or other modular
              synth? It looks like it might be an easy and fast way to include
              several A100 sounds in an arrangement.