Re: [Doepfer_a100] Doepfer-Electrix Meshing

  • bgerkes@mac.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 7, 2002
      bakis Sirros wrote:

      > hello,
      > what cv ins??you mean the pedal input of the Q???does
      > this mean that i can use the control pedal input of my
      > jp8000 or ms2000r to hook them up to my a100??

      I don't know about that, but the Q (keyboard version) has two CV in's
      that work quite well :-)

      Boele

      > bakis.
      >
      > --- bgerkes@... wrote:
      > > component wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Out of curiousity, this morning I though it would
      > > be cool to try hook my A100 and Filterfactory
      > > > up together.......I've been able to get some
      > > really off the hook sounds with this combo. I didn't
      > > > realise this until just now, but the filter
      > > factory has a cv hookup in the back and responds
      > > quite
      > > > excellently to the A100's LFOs. Anyone else come
      > > across any other happy accidents with
      > > > non modular gear ?
      > >
      > > Yes! I use the CV ins on my Waldorf Q quite often,
      > > for instance to
      > > modulate a sound with the Doepfer's Sample & Hold
      > > module. Great fun!
      > >
      > > Boele
      > > >
      > > > Rob
      > > > ::::::Component Records:::::::
      > > > Box 783, Somers, Ct 06071
      > > > www.componentrecords.com
      > > > Out Now: Neutronic-"The Mutation Engine"

      > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      > >

      > =====
      > synthfreak(parallel worlds)
      > athens-greece
      > [Doepfer_a100] group owner-moderator

    • Paul Schulz
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 7, 2002
        Hi list,
        the Roland Juno-60 has a "VCF Control" input, which makes possible to produce FM-like sounds when an oscillator in audio range is patched in. The other nice feature is the "Arpeggio Clock" in. Wonderul for synchronising to a running A-155.

        Paul

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 8, 2002
          HI bakis

          > what cv ins??you mean the pedal input of the Q???does
          > this mean that i can use the control pedal input of my
          > jp8000 or ms2000r to hook them up to my a100??
          I tried this with several instruments (DX7, ESQ1, AN1x). The answer is: yes
          and no.

          Yes: Most (but not all!) times those jacks simply are three contact jacks
          with
          Ground = Ground
          Ring = Plus 5 Volts Out
          Tip = CV-Input

          So if you use a stereo-plug and use only ground and tip, then you may input
          a control voltage (no guarantee!).

          No: The instruments processor scans those inputs usually at a quite low
          frequency. This means, you may input a not too fast LFO, but forget it
          about modulations with faster signals like envelopes or audio.

          Florian Anwander |ConSol* HP-Support
          Tel. +49.89.45841-133 |Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH
          Fax +49.89.45841-139 |Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 München
          email: florian.anwander@... |http://www.consol.de
        • bakis Sirros
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 8, 2002
            thanks florian...
            bakis.

            --- Florian Anwander <Florian.Anwander@...>

            =====
            synthfreak(parallel worlds)
            athens-greece
            [Doepfer_a100] group owner-moderator

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          • duffnuff
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 8, 2002
              --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., "component" <component@m...>
              wrote:
              Anyone else come across any other happy accidents with
              > non modular gear ?
              >
              > Rob

              i made a similar discovery recently involving a100, reaktor, and a
              peavey pc1600x faderbox. generally i'll sync the a100's lfo's, etc
              to reaktor via midi clock and the fader box controls the softsynth's
              parameters. but the fun really begins when the a155 (or
              something) gets plugged into the peavey's cv and gate input to
              control whatever softsynth parameter(s) you like...opens a new
              world of control. fun!
              duff
            • buechlerjoe
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 10, 2002
                > Anyone else come across any other happy accidents with
                > non modular gear ?

                I finally scraped together enough money for a Jomox Sunsyn. (My
                Memorymoog continues to be on the sick list, and the Juno 106 and
                Matrix 1000 are a bit too limited for what I want to do with
                polyphonic analog). I was quite happy to discover that the Sunsyn's
                two external inputs can be used for either audio or CV. These can be
                used as input to any of the four analog modulation routing paths.

                There's a lot for me to experiment with here, but an obvious start is
                to use the Sunsyn's very cool filter (where each of the four filter
                poles can be independently programmed, and you can morph between
                filter scenes) as an external VCF for the A100.

                If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for modulating the Sunsyn from
                the A100, I'd love to hear them!

                Joe

                P.S. Speaking of Electrix, has anyone tried the Electrix Repeater
                Loop/Phrase Sampler in conjunction with an A100 or other modular
                synth? It looks like it might be an easy and fast way to include
                several A100 sounds in an arrangement.