Re: source for shorter 1/8" 3.5mm cables?

  • Stu Grimshaw
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 8, 2007
      sorry, forgot to mention i'm in germany, but i dare say any info in
      any country will be welcomed by someone here :)
    • vcovcfvca
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 30, 2007
        Hi,

        This may not help you, but I've just been making up a batch of my own
        cables of various lengths in the following colours: Red, Green, blue,
        Yellow, White. I was lucky enough to get an offcut of surplus RGB-HV
        cable loom (computer/video people may know of this), which is
        basically a plastic sheath containing 5 separate coloured cables.
        Each cable within the sheath is a centre core copper conductor
        surrounded by an insulator and then a braided wire shield with a
        coloured plastic outer layer (ie: like a mini or narrow gauge coaxial
        cable)- perfect for patch cables and highly durable as well. I'm very
        happy with the results so far. They even "feel" good to patch! I
        recommend it for anyone who can find a loom like this.

        By the way, I'm new here so hello all!

        Regards,

        Adam

        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "Stu Grimshaw" <grimshaw@...>
        wrote:

        > i could use not only shorter, but cloured cables, but haven't found
        anywhere on the net.
        > anyone know a source of coloured cables ?
        >
        > cheers,
        >
        > stu
        >
        > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "plastichorneddevil"
        <kellyborkert@> wrote:

        > > Id like to get my hands on some more 6 inch or so patch cables, I
        have
        > > my modules so closely arranged it would be a lot neater without
        two
        > > feet of spaghetti hanging between adjacent modules. Thanks for
        any
        > > help, Ive looked high and low.
        > > kelly

      • ErnstKarel
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 12, 2007
          This thread seems to have gone to sleep -- does this mean that nobody
          knows of anyone selling pre-made short patch cables? 15 cm/ 6 inches
          or even shorter would be great for the kind of clusters of utility
          modules that I often end up using.

          Any tips would be much appreciated!
          -Ernst
        • gabu_004
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 12, 2007
            Hey there,
            Check up for chips for Brain on ebay, he sales cables like that and maybe you can ask him
            some special oders...

            cheers!

            g.
          • hardware@doepfer.de
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
              > This thread seems to have gone to sleep -- does this mean that nobody
              > knows of anyone selling pre-made short patch cables? 15 cm/ 6 inches
              > or even shorter would be great for the kind of clusters of utility
              > modules that I often end up using.
              >
              > Any tips would be much appreciated!
              > -Ernst

              If you are a bit familiar with soldering you can make such cables yourself.
              The problem with industrial made cables is the minimum quantity. We have to
              order a minimum of 1000 cables of each type from our manufacturer. If there
              are sufficient inquiries we could add this length to our range of articles
              but so far we had not many inquiries for shorter cables. The price will be
              probably the same as for the 30 cm cables as the shorter cable has not much
              influence (the connectors and working time remains the same).

            • verstaerker
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                i also would be intrested in shorter cables - as well as more
                different colors for the cables
              • Doug Wellington
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                  [WARNING: Shameless self-promo]

                  I recently received a shipment of almost 1300 patch cables in various
                  sizes and colors. You can see more info about these cables at Larry's
                  old web site:

                  http://www.wiseguysynth.com/larry/cable/cable.htm

                  I should have my new Stooge Panels website live about September 1st,
                  and I'll have all of the cables inventoried and available for sale
                  then...

                  --
                  -Doug

                  http://www.analognotes.com
                  http://www.stoogepanels.com
                • Eyesaw
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                    Hi Gabriel:

                    Your modules were sent yesterday via US Mail. Hope you enjoy them. I will be putting some on eBay today so search Doepfer if your interested -

                    Thanks,

                    Bill

                    Check up for chips for Brain on ebay, he sales cables like that and maybe you can ask him
                    some special oders...

                    cheers!

                    g.

                    Virus Database (VPS): 000764-8, 08/12/2007
                    Tested on: 8/13/2007 6:55:26 AM

                    ---
                    Virus Database (VPS): 000765-1, 08/13/2007
                    Tested on: 8/15/2007 10:15:19 AM

                  • Eyesaw
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                      Sorry Folks - meant to be private email

                      Your modules were sent yesterday via US Mail. Hope you enjoy them. I will be putting some on eBay today so search Doepfer if your interested -

                      Thanks,

                      Bill

                      Check up for chips for Brain on ebay, he sales cables like that and maybe you can ask him
                      some special oders...

                      cheers!

                      g.

                      Virus Database (VPS): 000764-8, 08/12/2007
                      Tested on: 8/13/2007 6:55:26 AM

                      ---
                      Virus Database (VPS): 000765-1, 08/13/2007
                      Tested on: 8/15/2007 10:15:19 AM

                      Virus Database (VPS): 000765-1, 08/13/2007
                      Tested on: 8/15/2007 10:26:21 AM

                      ---
                      Virus Database (VPS): 000765-1, 08/13/2007
                      Tested on: 8/15/2007 10:37:58 AM

                    • gabu_004
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 22, 2007
                        Hi there,

                        Modules are recieved and working perfectly fine :D
                        Nice packaging and no custom fees :D:D

                        Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                        g.