Re: source for shorter 1/8" 3.5mm cables?

  • Stu Grimshaw
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 7, 2007
      i could use not only shorter, but cloured cables, but haven't found anywhere on the net.
      anyone know a source of coloured cables ?

      cheers,

      stu

      --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "plastichorneddevil" <kellyborkert@...> wrote:

      > Id like to get my hands on some more 6 inch or so patch cables, I have
      > my modules so closely arranged it would be a lot neater without two
      > feet of spaghetti hanging between adjacent modules. Thanks for any
      > help, Ive looked high and low.
      > kelly

    • Stu Grimshaw
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 8, 2007
        sorry, forgot to mention i'm in germany, but i dare say any info in
        any country will be welcomed by someone here :)
      • vcovcfvca
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 30, 2007
          Hi,

          This may not help you, but I've just been making up a batch of my own
          cables of various lengths in the following colours: Red, Green, blue,
          Yellow, White. I was lucky enough to get an offcut of surplus RGB-HV
          cable loom (computer/video people may know of this), which is
          basically a plastic sheath containing 5 separate coloured cables.
          Each cable within the sheath is a centre core copper conductor
          surrounded by an insulator and then a braided wire shield with a
          coloured plastic outer layer (ie: like a mini or narrow gauge coaxial
          cable)- perfect for patch cables and highly durable as well. I'm very
          happy with the results so far. They even "feel" good to patch! I
          recommend it for anyone who can find a loom like this.

          By the way, I'm new here so hello all!

          Regards,

          Adam

          --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "Stu Grimshaw" <grimshaw@...>
          wrote:

          > i could use not only shorter, but cloured cables, but haven't found
          anywhere on the net.
          > anyone know a source of coloured cables ?
          >
          > cheers,
          >
          > stu
          >
          > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "plastichorneddevil"
          <kellyborkert@> wrote:

          > > Id like to get my hands on some more 6 inch or so patch cables, I
          have
          > > my modules so closely arranged it would be a lot neater without
          two
          > > feet of spaghetti hanging between adjacent modules. Thanks for
          any
          > > help, Ive looked high and low.
          > > kelly

        • ErnstKarel
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 12, 2007
            This thread seems to have gone to sleep -- does this mean that nobody
            knows of anyone selling pre-made short patch cables? 15 cm/ 6 inches
            or even shorter would be great for the kind of clusters of utility
            modules that I often end up using.

            Any tips would be much appreciated!
            -Ernst
          • gabu_004
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 12, 2007
              Hey there,
              Check up for chips for Brain on ebay, he sales cables like that and maybe you can ask him
              some special oders...

              cheers!

              g.
            • hardware@doepfer.de
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                > This thread seems to have gone to sleep -- does this mean that nobody
                > knows of anyone selling pre-made short patch cables? 15 cm/ 6 inches
                > or even shorter would be great for the kind of clusters of utility
                > modules that I often end up using.
                >
                > Any tips would be much appreciated!
                > -Ernst

                If you are a bit familiar with soldering you can make such cables yourself.
                The problem with industrial made cables is the minimum quantity. We have to
                order a minimum of 1000 cables of each type from our manufacturer. If there
                are sufficient inquiries we could add this length to our range of articles
                but so far we had not many inquiries for shorter cables. The price will be
                probably the same as for the 30 cm cables as the shorter cable has not much
                influence (the connectors and working time remains the same).

              • verstaerker
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                  i also would be intrested in shorter cables - as well as more
                  different colors for the cables
                • Doug Wellington
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 13, 2007
                    [WARNING: Shameless self-promo]

                    I recently received a shipment of almost 1300 patch cables in various
                    sizes and colors. You can see more info about these cables at Larry's
                    old web site:

                    http://www.wiseguysynth.com/larry/cable/cable.htm

                    I should have my new Stooge Panels website live about September 1st,
                    and I'll have all of the cables inventoried and available for sale
                    then...

                    --
                    -Doug

                    http://www.analognotes.com
                    http://www.stoogepanels.com
                  • Eyesaw
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                      Hi Gabriel:

                      Your modules were sent yesterday via US Mail. Hope you enjoy them. I will be putting some on eBay today so search Doepfer if your interested -

                      Thanks,

                      Bill

                      Check up for chips for Brain on ebay, he sales cables like that and maybe you can ask him
                      some special oders...

                      cheers!

                      g.

                      Virus Database (VPS): 000764-8, 08/12/2007
                      Tested on: 8/13/2007 6:55:26 AM

                      ---
                      Virus Database (VPS): 000765-1, 08/13/2007
                      Tested on: 8/15/2007 10:15:19 AM

                    • Eyesaw
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 15, 2007
                        Sorry Folks - meant to be private email

                        Your modules were sent yesterday via US Mail. Hope you enjoy them. I will be putting some on eBay today so search Doepfer if your interested -

                        Thanks,

                        Bill

                        Check up for chips for Brain on ebay, he sales cables like that and maybe you can ask him
                        some special oders...

                        cheers!

                        g.

                        Virus Database (VPS): 000764-8, 08/12/2007
                        Tested on: 8/13/2007 6:55:26 AM

                        ---
                        Virus Database (VPS): 000765-1, 08/13/2007
                        Tested on: 8/15/2007 10:15:19 AM

                        Virus Database (VPS): 000765-1, 08/13/2007
                        Tested on: 8/15/2007 10:26:21 AM

                        ---
                        Virus Database (VPS): 000765-1, 08/13/2007
                        Tested on: 8/15/2007 10:37:58 AM

                      • gabu_004
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 22, 2007
                          Hi there,

                          Modules are recieved and working perfectly fine :D
                          Nice packaging and no custom fees :D:D

                          Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                          g.