A-188-2 delay range question

  • redsawcloud
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2007
      Just bought a new A-188-2. The Delay time does not go low enough to produce any clock
      noise at all, as it does with my A-188 2048. I'm wondering if this is due to one of the blue
      screwdriver trim pots on the back of the module but don't understand the way they are
      labelled or which one you would adjust. Do the A-188-2 modules ship with a certain
      setting that can be adjusted? Currently, only chorus sounds (an amazing range of divese
      chorus sounds) come from all outputs regardless of the delay knob position, no clock
      noise, no sound deconstruction, seems contrary to the manual. Thanks for any quick
      words.
    • hardware@doepfer.de
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2007
        > Just bought a new A-188-2. The Delay time does not go low enough
        > to produce any clock
        > noise at all, as it does with my A-188 2048. I'm wondering if
        > this is due to one of the blue
        > screwdriver trim pots on the back of the module but don't
        > understand the way they are
        > labelled or which one you would adjust. Do the A-188-2 modules
        > ship with a certain
        > setting that can be adjusted? Currently, only chorus sounds (an
        > amazing range of divese
        > chorus sounds) come from all outputs regardless of the delay knob
        > position, no clock
        > noise, no sound deconstruction, seems contrary to the manual.
        > Thanks for any quick
        > words.

        Sounds like a faulty high-speed vco. I suppose that the heated transistor
        array, that is used in the exponential converter of the HSVCO (CA3096), is
        defective and should be replaced. Please contact the dealer where you
        purchased the module. If you are able to replace the CA3096 yourself (there
        is a socket for this circuit, no soldering required) they could send you one
        for free - provided that the have the spare part in stock.