G6 Cases

  • dr_synthatron
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
      Hello,

      I bought a G6 case last month but after a week or so it just stopped
      working. There seemed to be no power to it at all. This was replaced
      for me but today (again about a week after I got it) the replacement
      has done the same. It seems to have totally died on me. Anyone know if
      there is a known fault with these cases? I've never had a problem with
      my old one.

      Cheers,

      Rory
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
        Hi dr_synthatron

        > has done the same. It seems to have totally died on me. Anyone know if
        > there is a known fault with these cases? I've never had a problem with
        > my old one.
        Did you check the fuses?

        Florian.
      • dr_synthatron
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
          Hi Florian,

          I don't think there's a problem with the fuses but maybe I'm looking at
          the wrong fuse. What am I looking for?

          Do you know if this has happened to anyone else? Seems strange to have
          happened twice now.

          Thanks,

          Rory
        • ilanode
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
            --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "dr_synthatron"
            <dr_synthatron@...> wrote:

            > Hi Florian,
            >
            > I don't think there's a problem with the fuses but maybe I'm looking at
            > the wrong fuse. What am I looking for?

            http://www.doepfer.de/faq/a100_faq.htm#Fuse
          • dr_synthatron
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
              Thanks Florian, I'll check it out now.
            • Hans Greuber
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 2, 2007
                Hi;

                Then.. buy my G6 case..

                Hans

                >From: Florian Anwander <Florian.Anwander@...>
                >To: Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [Doepfer_a100] G6 Cases
                >Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 18:02:42 +0100
                >
                >Hi dr_synthatron
                >
                > > has done the same. It seems to have totally died on me. Anyone know if
                > > there is a known fault with these cases? I've never had a problem with
                > > my old one.
                >Did you check the fuses?
                >
                >Florian.

                Dale rienda suelta a tu tiempo libre. Mil ideas para exprimir tu ocio con
                MSN Entretenimiento. http://entretenimiento.msn.es/
              • michaeltritter
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 4, 2007
                  If you do find that the fuse is blown and you replace it with a 500mA
                  that blows again, you're having the same problem I did a few months
                  back. Dieter suggested going to a higher value fuse, 630mA or as high
                  as 750mA slow blow. When I went to 750mA slow blow all my problems
                  went away.

                  (This was for the 120V version with the PSU2 transformer.)