AW: [Doepfer_a100] ms404

  • hardware@doepfer.de
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
      Macko,

      the MS-404 is out of production since more than 5 years and we have no sound
      examples available. Sorry.
      Maybe the person who sells the MS-404 can record some examples. But I'm
      quite sure that you will love the sound of the MS-404 if you like analog
      sounds.

      Best regards
      Dieter Doepfer
      Doepfer Musikelektronik GmbH
      Email address: hardware@...
      Web Site: www.doepfer.com

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi Maciej

        > maybe a little off-topic, but..
        > i'm looking for sound examples of doepfer ms 404. i'm considering buying used one, but can't find anything on the web.. any help?
        > thank you
        I did the test for the german magazine KEYS back then in the nineties,
        and I did some soundexamples. Perhaps someone has the CD available right
        now. I can post them next week.

        Florian
      • dr_boehm_lebt
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
          Hi,

          the only sound file of Doepfer MS 404 I have found in internet is a
          real media file on "Vintage Synth Explorer":

          http://www.vintagesynth.org/audio/ms404.rm

          Looking forward to hear something about the recordings made for KEYS -
          I looked into my CD board, but did not found any records, because my
          first KEYS CD was released on 12/97...

          Robert
        • dr_boehm_lebt
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2006
            --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2006
              Hi Maciej

              > i'm looking for sound examples of doepfer ms 404. i'm considering buying used one, but can't find anything on the web.. any help?
              > thank you
              I uploaded now the demo for the MS-404.
              http://fa.utfs.org/diy/ms404/MS-404-Demo.mp3
              The original was published in 12/94 by the german magazine KEYS.
              It is moderated in german, but I think there is enough sound without
              speech, so it should give some ompression (though I only could give a
              small range of the possible sounds).

              Florian
            • vliesgaard
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2006
                <Florian.Anwander@...> wrote:

                > Hi Maciej
                >
                > > i'm looking for sound examples of doepfer ms 404. i'm considering
                buying used one, but can't find anything on the web.. any help?
                > > thank you
                > I uploaded now the demo for the MS-404.
                > http://fa.utfs.org/diy/ms404/MS-404-Demo.mp3
                > The original was published in 12/94 by the german magazine KEYS.
                > It is moderated in german, but I think there is enough sound without
                > speech, so it should give some ompression (though I only could give a
                > small range of the possible sounds).
                >
                > Florian

                Hello,
                I just uploaded some mp3's of the MS-404.
                Look in the files section.
                Dirk.