Re: Syncing A-155 to Sync24

  • antonhuber888
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2006
      No Idea, anyone? Please, please help me!

      Greets
      Anton

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2006
        Hi Anton

        > No Idea, anyone? Please, please help me!
        I did not answer, cause I'm still quite busy here with my job.

        Basically you are right: convert start/stop=hi/low signal of DIN-Sync to
        separate triggers, by A165 inverter outs; divide down the DIN-clock to
        16th by an A-160/161-combi.
        In complete this is very annoying. This is why I ask since over a year
        for a general clock interface module which converts different clock-ins
        in different clock-outs inclusive some swing function
        (http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Doepfer_a100/surveys?id=12048939)
        And this is what would perfect fit into a modular sequencer system, but
        I think its boring if I am repeating this all the time ...

        Florian

        > Greets
        > Anton
        >
        > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "antonhuber888" <yahoo3@...> wrote:
        >
        >>Hallo list,
        >>
        >>has anybody done this? So I think Roland Sync24 was 24 pulses per 16th
        >>note, can anybody confirm this?
        >>My Idea was to use A-165 to process the start/stop (hi/low on Sync24)
        >>to a pulse to starts/stops the A155. Do I have to use a Flip-Flop? For
        >>the Sync signal means dividing by 24 a 16th note pulse? How can I
        >>achive this? Any Ideas? Do you think it is feasible? I am able to
        >>solder and build some circuits with ICs...
        >>

        >>Greets
        >>Anton

        Florian Anwander, Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH
        Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 Muenchen, Tel. ++49(89)45841-133
        http://www.consol.de
      • antonhuber888
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2006
          Hi Florian,

          thank you very much for your answer.
          Your suggested module would be pretty cool, I cant understand why
          people dont want to have it. Today I got another idea that I could use
          my Roland SBX80 sync box to to the dividing of the clock sinal. It
          has a rotary switch labeled "time base" where you can set up the
          dividing factor. So I dont have to do the A-160/161 dividing (and
          reseting) stuff. I will do the start/stop thing as described below.
          btw: Your name sound familiar to me, is it possible you helped me a
          long time ago on Fido GER.MIDI to build a voltage divider?

          Greets
          Anton

          --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Florian Anwander

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2006
            Hi Anton

            > Today I got another idea that I could use
            > my Roland SBX80 sync box to to the dividing of the clock sinal. It
            Yes. This works like charm (I own a SBX-80 too).

            > btw: Your name sound familiar to me, is it possible you helped me a
            > long time ago on Fido GER.MIDI to build a voltage divider?
            Yes, I was the Sysop of the Keys-BBS.