Re: [Doepfer_a100] a111/2 dynamic vco prototype sound examples

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2006
      selfoscillate wrote:

      > 1.
      > an adsr envelope patched to the cv morph input.
      >
      > http://www.selfoscillate.de/a100files/a111-2-vco-envmorph1.mp3

      What kind of waveform does that start off with officially. It looks like
      a distorted sine wave.
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2006
        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, Jay <groups@...> wrote:

        > selfoscillate wrote:
        >
        > > 1.
        > > an adsr envelope patched to the cv morph input.
        > >
        > > http://www.selfoscillate.de/a100files/a111-2-vco-envmorph1.mp3
        >
        > What kind of waveform does that start off with officially. It looks
        like
        > a distorted sine wave.

        the starting wave is the sine output of the prototype.
        the distortion is coming from the currently used
        sine-converter in the prototype, which will probably
        be replaced by a better one in the final product.
        so in the end the final a111/2 will offer a cleaner
        sinewave than the prototype.

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2006
          --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "unknown freak"
          <vogelscheiss@...> wrote:

          > Thanks for the examples! I can't think of a more useful and nice-
          to-have
          > VCO than the A111/2. Comparing it with an ordinary VCO like the
          A111 or 110
          > reveals its usefulness in higher relief.
          >
          > --Chuck

          yes, i see that in a similar way.
          it is not that the a111/2 gives us really new timbres,
          but it's usefulness is really great. you just use
          it an other ways than a standard vco, because almost
          all parts are right where you need them.

          florian pointed out that the functionality could be
          replicated with ordinary modules, and of course he is right.
          besides the a111 you would need three mixers to provide
          the composed waveforms, and an addressed switch (a152)
          to select between these mixes by a voltage.
          the morphing could be done with an a134 panner and the
          cheapest way to get the second pulse waveform would
          be the use of an a167 comparator. i'm not counting
          the needed a180 multiples and still i count six additional
          modules to get the functionality of an a111/2 out of an a111,
          and then you still don't have the vcf and the vca.