Re: A-113 Not Working

  • ferlbahoo
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 16, 2006
      Thanks for the reply. Yes, you're right. The Doepfer plug itself is
      not keyed, so it's possible that I plugged it into the socket
      incorrectly. I did, however, plug it into the Doepfer socket using a
      Doepfer plug. Just for the record, I didn't use an AS connector on the
      Doepfer module and plug it into an AS socket. This was Doepfer to
      Doepfer.

      Perhaps I plugged the cable in backward. Would that cause the module
      to blow? Would it be safe to reverse the plug and see if that works,
      or would that just be asking for trouble?

      Thanks again.

      --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "ilanode" <techmeier@...> wrote:

      > If you use a ASys power socket for your Doepfer connector it will be
      > wrong wether you plug it in forward or backward. The pin assignment
      > is different. For example ASys uses 16 pins for +5V, +12, -12 and
      > Com while Doepfer uses only 12 pins for the same volts. Thus if you
      > don't use an adapter power connector you'll definately short
      > something. EG pin 7,8,9,10 carry -12V on ASys while the same pins
      > carry -12V (8, 9) and Com (7,10) on the D bus board. (I could have
      > mixed up the pin counting!) Just have realized that the RS15 has 7
      > designated power sockets so if you used one of them the pin
      > assignment should have "corrected" on the board. But the Doepfer
      > power connector is not keyed (as you wrote) but marked with a red
      > stripe.
      >
      > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "ferlbahoo" <mr.scappy@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes, but I'm using a Doepfer cable and plugging the module into
      > one of
      > > the RS-15's Doepfer socket. The socket is keyed, so there's no
      > chance
      > > of plugging the cable in backward.
      > >

      > > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "ilanode" <techmeier@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Sorry, if this is too easy: Are you aware that ASys and Doepfer
      > are
      > > > using a different pin assignment for their power connecters?
      > > >
      > > > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "ferlbahoo" <mr.scappy@>

      > > > what I
      > > > Analogue
      > unpredictable)
      > > > along
      > > > powered

      > A-
      > > > 113
      > for
      > > > that
      > > > dimmed

      > > > sharing
      > when
      > > > the
      > from
      > > > damage.

      > the

    • ilanode
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 16, 2006
        No, idea how likely it is that the module itself is damaged. I'm not
        good in electronics but doubt that a module with fried ICs can do
        harm to other modules thus I won't hesitat to give it a try. But I'd
        be very careful.
        So, I'd (1) replace all blown fuses; (2) unplug each and every
        module from the bus board; (3) check the D power sockets with a
        voltmeter; (4) same with the connector; (5) tripple check
        orientation (-12V down); (6) connect only the A113 to the bus board;
        if that seems to work fine (7)connect further modules to check
        wether the A113 is working. I admit the (3) and (4) might be a bit
        overdone... I'm sure you'are aware of it, just to make the story
        complete: Some of the steps above should be done while the case is
        switched off.
        Best luck, Ingo

        wrote:

        > Thanks for the reply. Yes, you're right. The Doepfer plug itself is
        > not keyed, so it's possible that I plugged it into the socket
        > incorrectly. I did, however, plug it into the Doepfer socket using
        > Doepfer plug. Just for the record, I didn't use an AS connector on
        the
        > Doepfer module and plug it into an AS socket. This was Doepfer to
        > Doepfer.
        >
        > Perhaps I plugged the cable in backward. Would that cause the
        module
        > to blow? Would it be safe to reverse the plug and see if that
        works,
        > or would that just be asking for trouble?
        >
        > Thanks again.
        >

        > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "ilanode" <techmeier@> wrote:
        > >
        > > If you use a ASys power socket for your Doepfer connector it
        will be
        > > wrong wether you plug it in forward or backward. The pin
        assignment
        > > is different. For example ASys uses 16 pins for +5V, +12, -12
        and
        > > Com while Doepfer uses only 12 pins for the same volts. Thus if
        you
        > > don't use an adapter power connector you'll definately short
        > > something. EG pin 7,8,9,10 carry -12V on ASys while the same
        pins
        > > carry -12V (8, 9) and Com (7,10) on the D bus board. (I could
        have
        > > mixed up the pin counting!) Just have realized that the RS15 has
        7
        > > designated power sockets so if you used one of them the pin
        > > assignment should have "corrected" on the board. But the Doepfer
        > > power connector is not keyed (as you wrote) but marked with a
        red
        > > stripe.
        > >
        > > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "ferlbahoo" <mr.scappy@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Yes, but I'm using a Doepfer cable and plugging the module
        into
        > > one of
        > > > the RS-15's Doepfer socket. The socket is keyed, so there's no
        > > chance
        > > > of plugging the cable in backward.
        > > >

        > > > --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "ilanode" <techmeier@>

        Doepfer
        > > are

        > > unpredictable)
        Everything

        > > A-
        > > for
        LEDs

        > > when
        > > from

        > > the

      • ferlbahoo
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 16, 2006
          Thanks very much for the advice, Ingo. I'll give it a try and see what
          happens.

          Ferlbahoo