Re: [Doepfer_a100] ordering from U.S.

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
      Hi synth_freak

      > come on,no one of you(european members)has ever ordered any analog
      > modules(MOTM,WIARD,etc.) direct from the U.S.?did you pay a lot of
      > money for taxes to the customs???please answer me...is it worth it?
      As it seems no. Once I thought about ordering some special graphics
      adapter for my PA-RISC workstation in the USA. It was to expensive, and
      I managed it, that some friends within the USA bought that card for me
      and brought it to Europe while their vacancies.

      Florian Anwander |ConSol* HP-Support
      Tel. +49.89.45841-133 |Consulting&Solutions Software GmbH
      Fax +49.89.45841-139 |Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 M√ľnchen
      email: florian.anwander@... |http://www.consol.de
    • hens@gmx.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
        --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., synth_freak_2000@y... wrote:

        > come on,no one of you(european members)has ever ordered any analog
        > modules(MOTM,WIARD,etc.) direct from the U.S.?did you pay a lot of
        > money for taxes to the customs???please answer me...is it worth it?

        Hiya,

        Yes I recently bought an MOTM-120 Sub-Octave Multiplexer.
        The MOTM website says:

        $139 kit

        I bought the kit via the internet, using my MasterCard.
        It was shipped to The Netherlands and Synthesis
        Technology charged me for $155. Their orderform adds
        $6 for shipping and handling, so it appears there's a
        $10 extra for overseas shipping.

        Hens Zimmerman
      • maex@firstfloor.org
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
          jeah---i think theres some minimum amount of cash $$, which is without any
          taxes???..hmm i might be right or not..but once i bought something around
          60$ and it came to me with a official stamp from the tax department: tax
          free....in somehow that way as hens described it below-
          ?

          best maex

          On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 hens@... wrote:

          > --- In Doepfer_a100@y..., synth_freak_2000@y... wrote:
          >
          > > come on,no one of you(european members)has ever ordered any analog
          > > modules(MOTM,WIARD,etc.) direct from the U.S.?did you pay a lot of
          > > money for taxes to the customs???please answer me...is it worth it?
          >
          > Hiya,
          >
          > Yes I recently bought an MOTM-120 Sub-Octave Multiplexer.
          > The MOTM website says:
          >
          > $139 kit
          >
          > I bought the kit via the internet, using my MasterCard.
          > It was shipped to The Netherlands and Synthesis
          > Technology charged me for $155. Their orderform adds
          > $6 for shipping and handling, so it appears there's a
          > $10 extra for overseas shipping.
          >
          > Hens Zimmerman

        • bakis S
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2001
            hi!,thanks for answering.
            it appears that if i want to buy,say, a MOTM system ,i
            have to order each module seperately,so i can avoid
            any taxes...right?but this way i will pay a lot of
            money to the mail(and i will have to go to the
            postoffice to pick up one module,every once in a
            while) ...my idea was to order a complete MOTM system
            at once(when and if i ever had the money).but it seems
            that then i will have to pay taxes...unfortunately.
            So,i stay with my DOEPFER...(that is excellent,apart
            from the mini-jacks...)
            synthfreak
            athens-greece

            http://im.yahoo.com