Re: [Doepfer_a100] Re: doepfer shaltwerk/regalwerk

  • implode7@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 5 11:09 AM
      From: bubblegum soda <warmbubblegumsoda@...>
      > A friend of mine sent this to me...
      >
      > >As i've said before, the Schaltwerk is perfect for
      > >Miinmal Techo. Nothing else comes close. But the lack
      > >of features makes one lock it up to another sequencer
      > >for pads and chords.
      > >All those boxes don't have the visual advantage of
      > the >Schaltz. The Zeit seems like a pipe dream, I
      > have yet >to see them go into production. Plus it only
      > has 4 >rows. The P3 is amazing, but only one row. The
      > >Oberkorn is kinda weak. The Schrittmacher looks to be
      > >the shit as well. As far as having 8 rows and seeing
      > >where you are at all times, the Schaltwerk kills
      > >everything as far as being visual. The features are
      > >weak sauce though, I admit it. It can't do pads,
      > >midifiles, or chords at all. There are some gimacky
      > >chord/gator functions in the Schaltz but they don't
      > do >shit. The Octopus from genoQs seems to be the best
      > >thing out there. I just hope Dieter comes through for
      > >all the people that are waiting for that last run.
      >
      > >James U.
      >
      > --- ringmod45 <ringmod45@...> wrote:

      I'm not sure where he's getting that the p3 has 1 row, where the Schrittmacher has 8...
    • matteus_rex
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 5 1:18 PM
        Thanks for tips!
        I´ll take look at the Sequentix and the others mentioned.
        Maybe the Polyevolver, though it lacks gatebuttons,
        isn´t such a bad choice either.
        It can store 128 x 4 patterns besides.
        But off course, it´s only interesting if one needs the synthpart.

        Matteus

        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "ringmod45"
        <ringmod45@...> wrote:

        > ____
        >

        > Hi Matteus,
        >
        > Have you considered the Sequentix P3 sequencer.
        >
        > www.sequentix.com
        >
        > It pretty much the most creative sequencer out there. Sold my
        > schaltwerk at a loss and never looked back( I am still upset
        about
        > it). At best, the Schaltwerk is a glorified TR-808 drum style
        > sequencer with 16th step note values and a great visual
        display, too
        > bad the cpu and software are very limited.
        >
        > You could also consider the Zeit from Infection Instruments.
        >
        > http://www.infectionmusic.co.uk
        >
        > From the software side, you could try Numerology if you are a
        Mac

        > www.five12.com
        >
        > The Octopus from genoQs, which is inspired from the Latronic
        Notron.