Re: [Doepfer_a100] Re: doepfer shaltwerk/regalwerk

  • bubblegum soda
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 5, 2006
      A friend of mine sent this to me...

      >As i've said before, the Schaltwerk is perfect for
      >Miinmal Techo. Nothing else comes close. But the lack
      >of features makes one lock it up to another sequencer
      >for pads and chords.
      >All those boxes don't have the visual advantage of
      the >Schaltz. The Zeit seems like a pipe dream, I
      have yet >to see them go into production. Plus it only
      has 4 >rows. The P3 is amazing, but only one row. The
      >Oberkorn is kinda weak. The Schrittmacher looks to be
      >the shit as well. As far as having 8 rows and seeing
      >where you are at all times, the Schaltwerk kills
      >everything as far as being visual. The features are
      >weak sauce though, I admit it. It can't do pads,
      >midifiles, or chords at all. There are some gimacky
      >chord/gator functions in the Schaltz but they don't
      do >shit. The Octopus from genoQs seems to be the best

      --- ringmod45 <ringmod45@...> wrote:

      > ____
      >

      > Hi Matteus,
      >
      > Have you considered the Sequentix P3 sequencer.
      >
      > www.sequentix.com
      >
      > It pretty much the most creative sequencer out
      > there. Sold my
      > schaltwerk at a loss and never looked back( I am
      > still upset about
      > it). At best, the Schaltwerk is a glorified TR-808
      > drum style
      > sequencer with 16th step note values and a great
      > visual display, too
      > bad the cpu and software are very limited.
      >
      > You could also consider the Zeit from Infection
      > Instruments.
      >
      > http://www.infectionmusic.co.uk
      >
      > From the software side, you could try Numerology if
      > you are a Mac
      >
      > www.five12.com
      >
      > The Octopus from genoQs, which is inspired from the
      > Latronic Notron.
      >
      > www.genoqs.net/4554.html
      >
      > And last but not least, the Signal Arts MAPS, which
      > has a midi2cv onboard.
      >
      > www.signalarts.ca/
      >
      > RM
      >
      > ___________________
      > > Let´s hope someone someday makes a stepsequencer
      > that´s
      > > a combination of Schaltwerk / MAQ 16/3, maybe only
      > with
      > > a single row of 16 endless rotary knobs AND
      > gateswitches.
      > > With track ,pattern and funktion of knobs
      > selection
      > > and the possibility to step sequences thru analog
      > inputs
      > > like on DSI Evolver.
      > > Please get it ALL right some day!
      > >
      > > ( Sounds like I´m letting of steam here)
      > >
      > > Matteus

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • matteus_rex
      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 5, 2006
        Thanks for tips!
        I´ll take look at the Sequentix and the others mentioned.
        Maybe the Polyevolver, though it lacks gatebuttons,
        isn´t such a bad choice either.
        It can store 128 x 4 patterns besides.
        But off course, it´s only interesting if one needs the synthpart.

        Matteus

        --- In Doepfer_a100@yahoogroups.com, "ringmod45"