A-110 Standard VCO tuning ...Update

  • Shane
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2006
      Hello All,
      Just wanted to update everyone on my VCO tuning issue. Turns out that
      it was the A-190 MCVS causing the problem. Here's the kicker
      though...There were 2 chips missing from the circuit board! Looks like
      one of them was a CMOS chip of some kind and the other we didn't know
      what it was.
      Maybe there was a design change somewhere along the line? Anyway, put
      a brand new A-190 in and she's working wonderfully now.
      Thanks for everyones help,
      Shane
    • Dieter Doepfer
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
        > -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

        That's normal ! Since about 6 months we use a programmable microcontroller
        with integrated program memory (instead of a microcontroller with external
        28 pin EPROM and 20 pin Latch). This is why two circuits are no longer
        required on the board.

      • Shane Mayer
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
          Hello Dieter,
          We were thinking that it might have been an engineering change or something. The A-190 that replaced my old one had those 2 chips.Maybe the new A-190 was from old stock. Either way I'm very happy. My system works and sounds great!
          Thanks again,
          Shane