Dmitriev Magnet-Assisted Gravitational Engine

  • Sterling Allan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2011

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 7:00 PM
      Subject: Re: Gravitational Engine

      Hi Mikhail,

      Attached is a gif version of the file you sent.

      Here are some questions.

      I've attached an alternate depiction of the cylindrical magnet.  Is this accurate?

      I notice at the 1-2 o'clock position that the magnets are shown being deflected to the right.  Is this from a rotating mechanical deflector apparatus (now shown in drawing)?  Could that function be accomplished by an array of magnets in attraction mode?, or would the attraction create a cog as it leaves the magnet array, tending to slow any speed that was gained by gravity pull?  Have you successfully tried such an arrangement?

      Do I understand correctly that in the pivoting of the perimeter magnets that there is a mechanical block to keep them from going up more than 90-degrees from tangent; and another mechanical block to keep them from going less than 0 degrees from tangent.

      I notice that the size (diameter) of the 32 magnets in the circumference position are about half the diameter of the magnets in the magnetic deflector shown on the bottom left.  Is that size ratio important?  I would think not.

      Also, I notice that the spacing of the five magnets along the magnetic deflector apparatus are spaced further apart than the 32 magnets around the perimeter.  Is there an important relationship there, or is the primary idea just to have a magnet array that deflects the perimeter magnets upward?

      Is the length of the magnet deflector apparatus important?

      I would think that the heavier the weights, the better the effect.  Have you played with different variables to characterize what combinations are more optimal?

      I'm curious, approximately how many of these have been built? more than 5, 50, 500?

      I would predict that they come up to a certain speed but then centripetal force works against the magnet deflection, and acceleration stops.  There may be a speed-up and slow-down oscillation at that point, as it comes in and out of resonance.

      Minus the bearings and friction issue, would this design just continue to run endlessly?  How long have you had one run continuously?

      By the way, your written English is very good.

      Sterling