Dixie Chicks back again!!!

  • caticurrier
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 18, 2010
      Hey, just wondering if you all heard or not, but the Dixie Chicks are coming back!!! Martie and Emily are making a new album, and they will be back on tour soon!!! The CD will be out in May, and it features Emily on lead vocals for the first time!!!!! I can't wait to hear the new album. Cati
    • Lois Hall
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 18, 2010
        Where is Natalie?

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 18, 2010
          That is such great news!!! Thank you for the update. I wanted to meet
          them so much in the past, maybe I'll get my chance!!
          I love the Chicks!!
          Michelle
        • Susan Barron
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 18, 2010
            I am excited about this,
            however, it is NOT the Dixie Chicks as we know them.
            Natalie will not be on this album.
            It will be Martie and Emily and they call themselves the Court Yard Hounds.
            Apparently, Natalie isn't interested in doing a Chicks album, so the
            sisters did one on their own.
          • Susan Barron
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 19, 2010
              In an article by CMT, Lloyd Maines said all three girls were at his place (in Austin) for Christmas and again on New Year's Eve with their families. He said they were still "very much an entity" but also admitted he didn't discuss business at holidays.
              So, they  must not be too pissed at each other.
              I can't find the CMT article with Lloyd, however, below is the article with Rolling Stone.
              Martie said they haven't officially disbanded, but she and Emily rarely
              see Natalie anymore.
              Doesn't sound too encouraging. However, they haven't kept
              the Dixie Chicks name or replaced Natalie. Maybe that is a good sign
              and this is only a side project.
              http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2010/01/15/dixie-chicks-plan-album-tour-with-court-yard-hounds-side-project/

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 22, 2010
                I just wantd to say that the talk about the relationships between Natalie, Martie and Emily is really of no consequence. It's been almost 4 years since Taking the Long Way and before that it was 3 years without any new music. If Natalie isn't part of the Court Yard Hounds project then so be it. I'm just happy to hear about new stuff! I'm extremely excited that Emily is lead on vocals because this is a discussion that has been had on this group several times in years past. Would a Natalie, Emily and Martie Dixie Chicks album be nice instead of a side project without Natalie?  Sure but at this point, I'll take what I can get.  So...who can hook a brother up with SxSW wristbands? :)