Introduction

  • Kyle Thill
    Message 1 of 8 , May 27, 2000
      I hope that this medium provides another point of access for many to
      initiate, participate, and review discussions, questions, or perhaps
      just plain rhetorical statements regarding inventory control issues.

      You might also want to post your site if it pertains to inventory
      control issues, software (don't get crazy with the Spam please),
      warehouse management, logistics etc.

      For example http://www.cris.com/~kthill/inventry.htm

      Thanks for reviewing this eGroup.

      Kyle Thill
    • SB
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 11, 2002
        Hello,

        I am working as a project manager with a software company. I am
        currently assigned for creating a technical document on how to go
        about developing an inventory control software.

        I have been searching the Internet for fundamentals on Inventory
        management - I am new to this topic. I don't have a clue as to where
        to start.

        Please help me with links or documents that will tell me the basics /
        fundamentals of inventory management.

        Also, please tell me what is the difference between inventory
        management and inventory control.

        Would appreciate any help greatly.

        Thanks,
        Subhashree.
      • mitchell leisten
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 11, 2002

          Subhashree,

          Try Effective Inventory Management (www.effectiveinventory.com):  This is Jon Schreibfeder's consulting org which is specialized in Inventory Management.  He has a number of white papers on his site.

          Mitch Leisten

          Microsoft Business Solutions

           SB <subhashree@...> wrote:

          Hello,

          I am working as a project manager with a software company. I am
          currently assigned for creating a technical document on how to go
          about developing an inventory control software.

          I have been searching the Internet for fundamentals on Inventory
          management - I am new to this topic. I don't have a clue as to where
          to start.

          Please help me with links or documents that will tell me the basics /
          fundamentals of inventory management.

          Also, please tell me what is the difference between inventory
          management and inventory control.

          Would appreciate any help greatly.

          Thanks,
          Subhashree.

          Do you Yahoo!?
          faith.yahoo.com

        • serene phan
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 11, 2002

            hello,

            u can try to get more info by search under "WMS" or "warehouse management system", there are many type of system there.

            www.accpac.com and www.pscnet.com have more detail info in these and they have user manual and tutorial material on their software, so u can copy some idea there, may be u can customise your by adding something more that they have offer or may be a cheaper system.

            thanks

            serene

            Do you Yahoo!?
            faith.yahoo.com
          • SB
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 11, 2002
              Thanks very much Mitch.

              --- In Distribution_Inventory_Control@y..., mitchell leisten
              <mgleisten@y...> wrote:

              > Subhashree,
              > Try Effective Inventory Management (www.effectiveinventory.com):
              This is Jon Schreibfeder's consulting org which is specialized in
              Inventory Management. He has a number of white papers on his site.
              > Mitch Leisten
              > Microsoft Business Solutions
              > SB <subhashree@c...> wrote:Hello,
              >
              > I am working as a project manager with a software company. I am
              > currently assigned for creating a technical document on how to go
              > about developing an inventory control software.
              >
              > I have been searching the Internet for fundamentals on Inventory
              > management - I am new to this topic. I don't have a clue as to
              where
              > to start.
              >
              > Please help me with links or documents that will tell me the
              basics /
              > fundamentals of inventory management.
              >
              > Also, please tell me what is the difference between inventory
              > management and inventory control.
              >
              > Would appreciate any help greatly.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Subhashree.
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Service.

              > Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos, & more
              > faith.yahoo.com
            • SB
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 11, 2002
                Thanks a bunch Serene. Really appreciate your help.

                --- In Distribution_Inventory_Control@y..., serene phan
                <titiwangsa88@y...> wrote:

                > hello,
                >
                > u can try to get more info by search under "WMS" or "warehouse
                management system", there are many type of system there.

                > www.accpac.com and www.pscnet.com have more detail info in these
                and they have user manual and tutorial material on their software, so
                u can copy some idea there, may be u can customise your by adding
                something more that they have offer or may be a cheaper system.

                > thanks
                > serene

                > Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos, & more
                > faith.yahoo.com
              • Kyle Thill
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 12, 2002

                  Info in both locations
                  This is Jon Schreibfeder's consulting org which is specialized in
                  Inventory Management.  He has a number of white papers on his site.
                  > Mitch Leisten
                  > Microsoft Business Solutions
                  >  SB <subhashree@c...> wrote:Hello,
                  >
                  > I am working as a project manager with a software company. I am
                  > currently assigned for creating a technical document on how to go
                  > about developing an inventory control software.
                  >
                  > I have been searching the Internet for fundamentals on Inventory
                  > management - I am new to this topic. I don't have a clue as to
                  where
                  > to start.
                  >
                  > Please help me with links or documents that will tell me the
                  basics /
                  > fundamentals of inventory management.
                  >
                  > Also, please tell me what is the difference between inventory
                  > management and inventory control.
                  >
                  > Would appreciate any help greatly.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Subhashree.
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  Service.

                • Mr arulmurugan balachandran
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 13, 2002
                    Subhasree,

                    Try getting the book " Introduction to supply chain
                    management by Tony Arnold ". This is one of the best
                    books on Inventory management and it is written in a
                    very easy language. This book is a reference material
                    for CPIM ( Certificate in Production and introduction
                    management ), APICS.

                    This book is easily available in Madras and Bombay.

                    Regards

                    Arul

                    http://faith.yahoo.com