If your mash starts fermenting before you pitch, you've made a sanitation mistake somewhere in your process. And while I agree that amateur moonshiners oftenAreoSpike
Here in the US they didn't start using packaged yeast until 1874. With that said, many moonshines prefer natural yeast. Some of my malt customers havelast2blast
You have to count viable cells in order to know your pitch rate. There's no other way around it. You can guess by starting with new yeast, but about 50% ofAreoSpike
- Food and Drink
- May 5, 1999
- This is a public group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership does not require approval.
- Messages from new members require approval.
- All members can post messages.