pot still problems

  • ups474@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11 2:05 PM
      Does any one have an idea on how to stop either molasses or grain
      based mashes from foaming over in a pot still? The still is a 5
      gallon pressure cooker, and with the aforementioned mash types, it
      will even foam up and "puke" into the condenser line if only filled
      with one gallon! Any help would be appreciated.
    • Jeremy Johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31 5:29 PM
        I am running a pot still, 20 gallons, with a 2000 watt heating
        ellement, and the mash heats up way too fast!! by the time
        it reaches 95 C hardly any distillate has come out. How do
        i need to control the temp, or am i doing something else wrong?

        JJ