New poll for Distillers

  • Distillers@egroups.com
    Message 1 of 74 , Aug 7 8:20 AM
      Enter your vote today! Check out the new poll for the Distillers
      group:

      How many liters of distilled alcohol do
      you make in a year?

      o 0 to 5 liters
      o 5 to 10 liters
      o 10 to 15 liters
      o 15 to 20 liters
      o more than 20 liters

      http://www.egroups.com/polls/Distillers

      not collected via email. To vote, you must go to the eGroups
      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • Sherman
      Message 74 of 74 , Jun 18, 2008
        Your poll is tainted and forces people to choose options that you
        would use, and will result in an answer that is biased.

        Most of the time, unless the copper is contaminated in some way, it
        is best to leave it alone. Bright and shiney copper is more prone to
        add more copper to the spirits and turns them blue. The oxide layers
        are quite protective of the copper. Once the patina is established it
        is quite the path you would want for your vapor path.

        Cleaning the outside on the other hand is pure vanity and you should
        use whatever works well. Vinegar and salt are definately contaminants
        I do not want in my spirits. Both leave a hard to get rid of scent
        and residue. Besides this has been hashed over already many times and
        it appears you are trying to get the folowers to abide by a
        consensus. Did someone piss you off and are you doing this to prove a
        point?

        Sorry to be so blunt, but your excusive answers are quite problematic
        in of themselves.

        It is only appropriate to choose the cleaner that fits the problem
        just like when doing laundry or washing your dishes or yourself.