Re: cleaning copper

  • Andrew <atmoore@telus.net>
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
      Paul: Look under Equipment - Making a still - First run.
      I used muriatic acid, available at most hardware stores. It
      came diluted at 33% which I further diluted in hot water. The
      solder flux was a little oily and took some work to remove (I also
      used some dish detergent in hot water in a seperate cleaning). In
      the end I got a nice clean still. Remember to add the water to the
      acid, not the other way around.

      squirlybird206

      -- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "warworm2003 <pol123@h...>"
      <pol123@h...> wrote:
      > hey everyone. i know ive seen how o clean copper in tony s sight
      bt
      > now that im about to do it i cant find the info. if somone could
      show
      > me were to go to find it it would be greatly apreciated.
      > -thanks for reading
      > -paul
    • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2003
      • bob johnson
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2003
          thanks for the info everyone who sent. im on it. unfortunately im going to
          work soon and cant do it all today but i got a connector and cap being
          cleaned as we speak.
          -paul