Re: Funky yeast behavior

  • danev2 <danev2@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2003
      I wouldn't worry, it is just a thin wort to start with.
      YOu have bubbles?
      Movement of the yeast bottom to surface
      A slightly above ambient temp?

      If the answer is yes then just let it run it's course for a few weeks

      I am using EC1118 for a brandy wort now, no cap or yeast foam at
      all.just a layer of bubbles, like a thin beer head
      Spec grav. 1.17

      What is your spec. grav. ?

      DV

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Alexander
      <tripcityusa@y...>" <tripcityusa@y...> wrote:

      > Please Help!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
      >
      > have made a wort out of light brown sugar, juices of orange,
      papaya,
      > pineapple & peach, nutrients, juice of a lg lemon and 10 g of
      Lalvin

    • BillyWeeble@cs.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2003
        tripcityusa@... writes:

        << 10 g of Lalvin EC1118 (in 150 L batch) >>

        I believe that Turbo's claim to fame starts with a huge amount of yeast
        (with nutrients, etc) and is what is missing in your formula. Try more yeast
        when making a large batch or just be patient when using less. Alltech has a
        good yeast comparable to what you used and is sold in 500 gm (1/2 lb) bags
        for around, what, $7 US? Dang, wish I had a memory...