Yeast trial etc.

  • darryn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 1997
      Hi guys
      haven't talked with you guys for a while,too much work,not enough drinking.
      In my last posting I mentioned that I was trying to recycle my turbo yeast.
      My results weren't all that exciting.It took about 4 weeks to ferment and even then it didn't it only came down to 1.000 instead of the normal 0.990.
      I think on my next attempt I'll wait until the brew is  going full bore and then extract about 2 litres and use that along with some nutrients to start the next batch.
      I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
      Buy the way I've just tried the vodka from my first attempt with my Stone/Nixon style still.It has no odour at all.Because this was my first attempt I still carbon filtered it but I won't next time to see what happens.I thought that the stuff tasted good when I was getting 94% out of my Stillmaker but this stuff beats it hands down.If anyone is thinking about trying  the Stone/Nixon style still DO IT ,I promise that you won't regret it ,and remember,Equilibriate the column.
      If anyone else is using this design please let us know your experiences.
      Keep on drinkin'
      Darryn.