cleaning copper

  • warworm2003 <pol123@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1 2:28 PM
      hey everyone. i know ive seen how o clean copper in tony s sight bt
      now that im about to do it i cant find the info. if somone could show
      me were to go to find it it would be greatly apreciated.
      -thanks for reading
      -paul
    • Andrew <atmoore@telus.net>
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1 6:20 PM
        Paul: Look under Equipment - Making a still - First run.
        I used muriatic acid, available at most hardware stores. It
        came diluted at 33% which I further diluted in hot water. The
        solder flux was a little oily and took some work to remove (I also
        used some dish detergent in hot water in a seperate cleaning). In
        the end I got a nice clean still. Remember to add the water to the
        acid, not the other way around.

        squirlybird206

        -- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "warworm2003 <pol123@h...>"
      • Andrew <atmoore@telus.net>
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1 6:51 PM
          Paul: Try looking under Equipment - Making a still - First run.
          Muriatic acid was the most available acid where I'm at, I think it's
          used in pools/hot-tubs. It came diluted 33%, which I further
          diluted in hot water. The solder flux was a little stubborn to get
          off, but with a little elbow grease I've got a clean still.
          Remember to add the acid to the water, not the other way around!

          <pol123@h...> wrote:
          > hey everyone. i know ive seen how o clean copper in tony s sight
          bt
          > now that im about to do it i cant find the info. if somone could
          show
          > me were to go to find it it would be greatly apreciated.
          > -thanks for reading
          > -paul
        • erik still
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2 3:42 AM
            Hi Paul,

            Try soaking in a vinegar solution (yes.. the type used
            for salad dressing), or a solution with vinegar and
            citric acid and water etc.

            Kind regards,
            Erik.

            --- "warworm2003 <pol123@...>"
            <pol123@...> wrote:
            > hey everyone. i know ive seen how o clean copper in
            > tony s sight bt
            > now that im about to do it i cant find the info. if
            > somone could show
            > me were to go to find it it would be greatly
            > apreciated.
            > -thanks for reading
            > -paul

            http://taxes.yahoo.com/
          • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2 10:49 AM
            • bob johnson
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2 6:27 PM
                thanks for the info everyone who sent. im on it. unfortunately im going to
                work soon and cant do it all today but i got a connector and cap being
                cleaned as we speak.
                -paul