Re: Water Droplets after diluting

  • nanosleep <nanosleep@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2003
      I've never seen this problem. In my experience
      alcohol and water mix very easily. They are
      also difficult to accidently separate (the
      reason we have to distill in the first place).
      Are you sure these drops are water and not
      some sort of oil? Oil in an alcohol/water
      mixture should self-separate.
      Very odd. I don't know what to make of it.

      -A

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Kovac" <castrumnovum@h...>

    • Tim Kovac
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 27, 2003

        When I wipe these droplets with my finger and taste the stuff, it is almost tasteless. Just the esthetics of it bothers me.

        Teachers Whiskey (cheep stuff)  does same thing but not to this extent.

        Being a beginner, I may have missed something.

        Thanks for your effort -A

        Tim

        >From: "nanosleep "
        >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Distillers] Re: Water Droplets after diluting
        >Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 02:00:56 -0000
        >
        >I've never seen this problem. In my experience
        >alcohol and water mix very easily. They are
        >also difficult to accidently separate (the
        >reason we have to distill in the first place).
        >Are you sure these drops are water and not
        >some sort of oil? Oil in an alcohol/water
        >mixture should self-separate.
        >Very odd. I don't know what to make of it.
        >
        >-A
        >

        >--- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Kovac"
        >wrote:

        MSN Instant Messenger now available on Australian mobile phones. Find our more.