Re: [Distillers] HARD APPLE CIDER

  • Dan or Barbara Gill
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2000
      In the mountains of Virginia, "apple jack", Apple brandy etc.. is made
      by two methods: During the winter, the filtered hard cider is allowed to
      freeze slowly allowing the alcohol to migrate to the center of the
      container where it can be poured off leaving the ice chrysalis behind.
      This process may be repeated. The second method is traditional pot
      distillation. Activated charcoal filters can remove the compounds that
      are responsible for the flavor. I would rather used small pieces of
      natural lump charcoal and age it with the charcoal for a couple of
      months.

      Dan

      Louie Belle wrote:

      > Hi Louie here again.
      > Yes I do mean distilled apple cider when I say Hard
      apple cider.
      > Would this require filtering through charcoal, because
      I have no idea
      > whatsoever as to how to filter it through charcoal.
      Can anyone tell exactly
      > how to filter through charcoal, or when this kind of
      filtering should be
      > done.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Louie

      > Free, Unlimited Calls Anywhere!
      > Conference in the whole family on the same call.
      > Let the fights begin! Visit Firetalk.com - Click
      below.

      http://click.egroups.com/1/5476/7/_/441693/_/962429211/

      ********* New e-mail address dgill@... ********

      Please note new URL: http://www.velvitoil.com/index.html
      Barbecue, curing and smoking meat, Woodworking and more