RE: [Distillers] column questions

  • Jeremy Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2000
      I wonder if a 1/2 inch wide column would be wide enough to reach equilibrium?
      vapor would move too fast through it.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2000
        > I know there are better
        > types to make, but the purpose is to duplicate that model
        > specifically, as far as performance goes.
        > Think this design could do it?

        Gees - why build a Skoda when you can make a Jaguar for the same effort.

        But yes, it sounds like it would do about the same job. What amount of
        heating were you going to use ? For a 1/2 inch diameter with SS packing
        you'll need to stay below about 1000W, more like 750 W

        Tony