hydrometers again?!

  • Tom Noftsger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2000
      Hi all,
      I'm still trying to find an formula for calculating specific gravity
      to %alcohol. Tony came up with a linear equation, however no offence
      Tony it doesn't seem to work for other known sg of % solution (eg.
      95% alcohol = 0.816 SG). It may be a polynominal or expondetial
      equation. I know I can buy a spirit hydrometer with %A on the scale,
      but not knowing the formula is killing me. Can somebody give me some
      SG versus %A off a spirit hydrometer so maybe I can come up with a
      formula?(mine was broken and discarded). Thanks

      Tom