still controllers

  • yldog@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2000
      Hello everybody
      Previously people have posted things about triac controllers and i
      have a device like this but i find that it doesn't give all that much
      control over the whole distiller. By the way my distiller is a
      continuouse still so i need to control the inflow as well as the
      heat.
      i have overcome this problem with a electrolnic flow controller but
      it still seems that the temperatures at the top of the column still
      fluctuate a fair bit which would lead me to and i still have to check
      on it occasionally to obtain and form of desirable product. Now to
      the
      question i think i could overcome all of these problems if i could
      modify the electronics but i am always changing around my still so i
      would still have to change the electronics over and over again.
      Something like a computer interface would probably help me with all
      of
      those problems with the ability to change things around as often as i
      like.
      Does anybody have any idea on how this could be constructed or have
      seen such a device for sale or has anyone solved these problems in
      different ways.
      Thanks all
      From Scott
    • homedistiller
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2002
        Hi,
        For those interested: a very interesting hardware controller,
        fully progammable, can be seen on this site:

        http://www.the-new-alpha.com/en/index.html

        Folders and demo software for PC are all downloadable.
        Prices start around 100 US$.

        Greetings,
        Dirk