Re: [Distillers] i broke my stinkin hydrometer !

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 30, 2003

      close off the wash without oxygen access and store it. the wash is ready when it does not taste sweet. make your still quickly.

       "warworm2003 <pol123@...>" <pol123@...> wrote:

      hey everyone i am trying a super yeast called liquar quick and it
      said it would be ready in 7 to 10 days. and on the 9th day i broke my
      hydrometer by shaking the water off the thick part holding it upside
      down. and its been 15 days now but it still looks like its fermenting
      and i had the temprature perfect the whole time. what i need to know
      is if there is a way to test it without the hydrometer? i dont have a
      proper still yet all i have is a water purifier. and i read earlier
      here that when its not ready it corrodes copper. i think its all
      stainless but im not sure.

      - thanks for reading
      -paul

      I can be wrong I must say.