Re: securing flange

  • nanosleep <nanosleep@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2003
      If your two flanges have a fairly small gap between them
      you can use plain old paper as a gasket. It swells a bit
      when it gets damp and makes a nice seal. It's also dirt
      cheap! Be sure to use non-printed and non-colored paper.
      Butcher paper is easy to get and comes in a size large
      enough to cover most boilers with ease.
      Simply hold a piece over your flange, trace the pattern
      with a pencil, and cut out your gasket. If you have too
      large of a gap, try using card stock paper.

      -A

      --- In Distillers@yahoogroups.com, "cmfolkpottery <clete@m...>"