unsubscribe

  • Brett A. Spivy
    Message 1 of 30 , Jun 9, 2000
      unsubscribe
    • jaywrite
      Message 2 of 30 , Jun 9, 2000
        unsubscribe

        Message 3 of 30 , Jun 12, 2000
          unsubscribe
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 12, 2000
            Unsubscribe

            Say Bye to Slow Internet!
            http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html
          • Barbara Trevare-Domeyer
            Message 5 of 30 , Dec 10, 2000
              I wish to unscribe from the distillers group please

              thank you

              barosco1@big pond.com.au
            • Rod Kopping
              Message 6 of 30 , Jul 13 9:03 PM

              • Alexander Hofmann
                Message 7 of 30 , Jul 16 12:51 AM
                • OsneyP�rez
                  Message 8 of 30 , Jul 18 9:09 AM
                    Message 9 of 30 , Jul 18 11:52 AM
                      Osney,

                      NOT to the regular posting address.

                      Tony
                    • colt
                      Message 10 of 30 , Oct 30, 2001
                        unsubscribe

                        Message 11 of 30 , Dec 14, 2001
                          unsubscribe
                        • Adam.Antczak
                          Message 12 of 30 , Dec 16, 2001

                            Message 13 of 30 , Dec 16, 2001

                            • Jon.Tereszkiewicz@med.va.gov
                              Message 14 of 30 , Dec 16, 2001
                                unsubscribe
                              • adam antczak
                                Message 15 of 30 , Apr 23, 2002

                                  Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 12:39 AM
                                  Subject: [Distillers] Connection of Column to Boiler

                                  This should have been the subject of my previous post

                                  Encyklopedia multimedialna w prezencie!
                                  [ http://www.e-mail.onet.pl ]

                                • Cary Humber
                                  Message 16 of 30 , Apr 28, 2002
                                    i would like to unsubscribe from the group. thanks

                                  • dale lindsey
                                    Message 17 of 30 , May 6, 2002
                                      Please unsubscribe me

                                      Message 18 of 30 , May 7, 2002

                                        please unsubscribe me

                                      • pfitzner@austarnet.com.au
                                        Message 19 of 30 , May 31, 2002
                                          Please unsubscribe me for the News Group

                                          Thanx
                                        • Boulder Books and Brews
                                          Message 20 of 30 , Jun 18, 2002

                                            Thanks

                                          • ed montforts
                                            Message 21 of 30 , Jul 30 10:20 AM
                                              please unsubscribe from digest. I chose to receive e-mails.
                                              Ed

                                              Message 22 of 30 , Sep 26, 2002
                                                HI COULD YOU PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE ME
                                                THANKS

                                                From: BOKAKOB <bokakob@...>
                                                2. Turbogist in Nederland ( Dutch info)
                                                From: "lapsnuit" <lapsnuit@...>
                                                3. still spirits still
                                                From: "spiritual" <warranty@...>
                                                4. wonder if you could make that kettle into a still
                                                From: "spiritual" <warranty@...>
                                                5. Re: Questions about Gin
                                                From: "Michael" <god@...>
                                                6. Re: Seal Material
                                                From: "Tim Kovac" <castrumnovum@...>
                                                7. Re: still spirits still
                                                From: "Michael" <god@...>
                                                8. Fwd: still spirits still
                                                From: "waljaco" <waljaco@...>
                                                9. reflux still origins
                                                From: "waljaco" <waljaco@...>
                                                10. Re: Re: Questions about Gin
                                                From: "Joe Pagan" <joe_pagan@...>

                                                Message: 1
                                                Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 06:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
                                                From: BOKAKOB <bokakob@...>
                                                Subject: Re: Seal Material

                                                Hi, ogzo46!
                                                The temperature for "O"-rings is not a problem at all. The heat should not
                                                rise over 100 or so degrees Centigrade. I don't thnk it will affect the
                                                process. The chemical composition should be fine too. If in doubt, I would
                                                seal the exposed to the alcohol path area with aquarium grade clear silicone
                                                caulking. However, try first. Perhaps it will not leach any chemicals. I
                                                think a good test would be to soak these "O"-rings or whatever you are going
                                                to use separately in various solvent solutions. If it stays intact there is
                                                a good probability it is fine.
                                                ogzo46 wrote:Hi Guys,
                                                You can't get more newby than me, I have been drinking Malt
                                                whisky for about 15 years and have decided to try and fake a
                                                reasonable whisky, I know it's a lot harder to make the real thing!!
                                                I'm a welder by trade so stainless is not a problem,I'm going to use
                                                fittings and pipe from surplus winery work,but the 'O' rings have me
                                                worried, can they take the heat and are they OK for alcohol? I have
                                                seen them used at TARAC distillery in the Barossa.
                                                Regards Eric

                                                [This message contained attachments]

                                                Message: 2
                                                Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:48:05 -0000
                                                From: "lapsnuit" <lapsnuit@...>
                                                Subject: Turbogist in Nederland ( Dutch info)

                                                Vanaf heden leverbaar uit voorraad de nieuwe 24 uurs gist van
                                                Alcotec. Kijk op www.turbogist.nl

                                                Ook voor ander gisten en essences.

                                                This is a informational message for dutch speaking people.
                                                It is about turbo yeast availability in the Netherlands.

                                                Sorry for the Dutch language.

                                                Message: 3
                                                Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:07:56 +0930
                                                From: "spiritual" <warranty@...>
                                                Subject: still spirits still

                                                Does any one have info/pics on various mods to the still spirits stills? I
                                                saw one once have been unable to find it again.

                                                Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:12:21 +0930
                                                From: "spiritual" <warranty@...>
                                                Subject: wonder if you could make that kettle into a still

                                                [This message is not in displayable format]

                                                Message: 5
                                                Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 01:39:21 -0000
                                                From: "Michael" <god@...>
                                                Subject: Re: Questions about Gin

                                                --- In Distillers@y..., "Joe Pagan" <joe_pagan@h...> wrote:
                                                > Hi all,
                                                >
                                                > I tried some experimenting last night with distilled water and
                                                > liquid lecithin as was recommended.
                                                >
                                                > First experiment: I made up a 750 ml bottle with gin and I used
                                                > distilled water. The gin only had a slight cloudiness to it.
                                                > More like a bluish tint with a slight haze. Heading in the right
                                                > direction.
                                                >
                                                > Second experiment: Once that bottle was done, I tried the liquid
                                                > Lecithin as recommended from the newsgroup. The gin became even
                                                > more cloudier than the bottles that I done before. Experiment
                                                > failed in my mind.
                                                >
                                                > Other suggestions or solutions?
                                                >
                                                > Joe

                                                Hmm, don't know why that didn't work (scratches head). Maybe its
                                                because you need to increase solubility into alcohol, not into water.

                                                Another suggestion is that oils dissolve more readily into an
                                                alkaline solution than an acidic solution. Maybe add a little bi-
                                                carb to reduce acidity? You have to remember that you can only
                                                increase the solubility slightly, so if you have way too much oil in
                                                suspension, nothing will help.

                                                Salts and trace minerals can also aid in dissolution of oil. Have
                                                you tried using tap water instead of distilled?

                                                Message: 6
                                                Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 12:11:23 +1000
                                                From: "Tim Kovac" <castrumnovum@...>

                                                The name of "O" ring material is "Viton" but and the name could be different
                                                in each country
                                                Any "o" ring supplier or Hydraulic Cylinder catalog lists different
                                                materials for different applications.
                                                Choose "high tempereture" "high pressure" and "mineral oil resistant"
                                                material and it will outlast your still.
                                                Regards,
                                                Tim

                                                >From: "ogzo46" <ericoz@...>
                                                >To: Distillers@yahoogroups.com
                                                >Subject: [Distillers] Seal Material
                                                >Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:49:26 -0000
                                                >
                                                >Hi Guys,
                                                > You can't get more newby than me, I have been drinking Malt
                                                >whisky for about 15 years and have decided to try and fake a
                                                >reasonable whisky, I know it's a lot harder to make the real thing!!
                                                >I'm a welder by trade so stainless is not a problem,I'm going to use
                                                >fittings and pipe from surplus winery work,but the 'O' rings have me
                                                >worried, can they take the heat and are they OK for alcohol? I have
                                                >seen them used at TARAC distillery in the Barossa.
                                                > Regards Eric

                                                Message: 7
                                                Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 02:18:41 -0000
                                                From: "Michael" <god@...>
                                                Subject: Re: still spirits still

                                                --- In Distillers@y..., "spiritual" <warranty@p...> wrote:
                                                > Does any one have info/pics on various mods to the still spirits
                                                stills? I saw one once have been unable to find it again.

                                                Do you mean a reflux or a pot still?

                                                I have a still spirits reflux still. My first mod to it was to
                                                seperate the water supplies to the cooling jacket and the condenser.
                                                Eventually I found that the cooling jacket is not necessary. The
                                                still works just as well without it IMHO. The best mod to make to
                                                this still is to extend the column. What I have done is to get
                                                myself a metre of 2" copper pipe. To this I have added a copper cap
                                                end to each end. I have drilled a hole in each cap, and tapped a
                                                1/2" BSP thread. I bought a 1/2" nipple, and two lock-nuts to suit.
                                                One lock nut I use down the bottom to attach to the boiler, the other
                                                to lock the nipple into the cap at the top. The nipple at the top
                                                will screw into the original head.

                                                You can go further and turn this into a Nixon-Stone style still, but
                                                I haven't got to that yet.

                                                Here is a link to the plans of what I have done.

                                                Mike G

                                                Message: 8
                                                Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 02:46:19 -0000
                                                From: "waljaco" <waljaco@...>
                                                Subject: Fwd: still spirits still

                                                Msg 5937 gives an example, together with previous suggestions.

                                                Wal
                                                --- In Distillers@y..., "spiritual" <warranty@p...> wrote:
                                                Does any one have info/pics on various mods to the still spirits
                                                stills? I saw one once have been unable to find it again.
                                                --- End forwarded message ---

                                                Message: 9
                                                Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 03:14:39 -0000
                                                From: "waljaco" <waljaco@...>
                                                Subject: reflux still origins

                                                Possibly the origin of the reflux column still goes back to the 15th
                                                century. In 'De arte conficiendi aquam vitae simplicem et
                                                compositam', written by Michele Savonarola (1384-1462), a professor
                                                at the University of Padua, he gives a description of the still and
                                                suggests that the column should be as tall as possible, because the
                                                further alcoholic vapors are made to travel, the more impurities they
                                                lose. See cross section of still:
                                                http://cipriani.com/cipriani/Grappa/distillazionee.htm

                                                Also see 'The Begginnings'
                                                http://www.polishvodkas.com/history-vodka/fr_beginning.htm
                                                'Distillation'
                                                http://www.polishvodkas.com/history-vodka/fr_distillation.htm
                                                and Fig 7 in 'Production'
                                                http://www.polishvodkas.com/history-vodka/fr_production.htm

                                                Also useful is 'Distillation in Alambic' at the 'Essential Spirits
                                                Alambic Distilleries' site:
                                                http://www.essentialspirits.com
                                                Click on 'History of Distilling'

                                                Wal
                                                The modern improvements are the restriction of reflux cooling to only
                                                the top of the column (still not by everyone!), and the use of plates
                                                or packing in the column.

                                                Message: 10
                                                Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:42:10 -0300
                                                From: "Joe Pagan" <joe_pagan@...>
                                                Subject: Re: Re: Questions about Gin

                                                I haven't tried our tap water yet because is has a sulfur smell to it. The
                                                first batch I made I used spring water which turned the gin cloudier than
                                                the distilled water.

                                                I'll try some bicarb to see if those results are any better. Some one also
                                                recommended super clear, used for clearing wines. Would that work?

                                                I'll take everyones suggestions and experiment with each. I noticed when
                                                the alcohol content was around 50%ABV the gin started to turn cloudy. If I
                                                leave the ABV higher than 50% the gin remained clear.

                                                Thanks again.

                                                Message 23 of 30 , Oct 2, 2002
                                                  please unsubscribe from digest.
                                                • Zeke Jones
                                                  Message 24 of 30 , Oct 3, 2002

                                                    I'll do my best but am making NO promises!!   :>)

                                                    >From: ed montforts
                                                    >To: "Distillers@yahoogroups.com"
                                                    >Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 20:14:05 +0200
                                                    >
                                                    >please unsubscribe from digest.

                                                  • Robert N
                                                    Message 25 of 30 , Oct 5, 2002

                                                      Now Zeke your not taking the piss out of poor old Ed are you?

                                                      Have a great day!

                                                      Robert