Re: [Distillers] Stills the same

  • Gateswood Quarterhorses
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2000
      Mark,

      The great similarity in these units is they look like they are nothing but typical old small-scale hillbilly moonshiner units that were cobbed up from old stuff found in the barn.

      Don
    • Peter Sayers
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2000
        Jacques, the stills you have shown are, to say the least, very "RURAL". Try and get some one you know to build you one out of stainless steel.if you require any more info please contact me
        pete at brewers barn

        Jacques La Marr wrote:

         Here are some pics of pot stills that I saw for sale on the net from three different sellers from different parts of the country.

        Now, unless this is a real coincidence, it appears to me that all these units are pretty much the same in construction and the swan's neck is identical to that on mine (although my unit has a more curved top and different boiler).

        What I ask is...were these units commercially made? Most of the descriptions furnished by the different sellers claim that the units are handmade. Is it possible they were from a kit of some sort? They just look too similar to be an exact design made by different people with no knowledge of the other's concept.

        Anyone have any thoughts on this or more definative info?

        Mark